Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested in unmanned fighters, check out this month's popular mechanics, as previously stated. It has information on new unmanned fighters. The idea behind this, apparently, is that they are NOT RC. They are controlled by on-board AI. The idea behind this is, that by taking out SAMs, tanks, and other DDDs (Dangerous, Deadly, Dull) the military will better be able to use its manned craft. Several ideas are up; by 2030 the Pentagon expects them to be in widespread use.

yeah, one of my friends gets that magazine, my response (being that I wish to become a naval pilot), was, "Well where's the fun in that?"

that sounds like a good idea. letting drones take out the SAMs is going to make it so many pilots can come home after the next war.

Mav: if your not joking you have no chance to get into a plane. hell those things can cost up to 50 million. not counting those new ones (f-22 etc)

if you find it fun to but a multi million dollar maching in danger than you probably won't get through training. and i don't think they would like having to return you to your family in a body bag.

You think you've got no chance? Canada's only going to have like 80 modern fighters left after this year... you got to be like the best there is to get chosen as a fighter pilot.

I just hope we get some new planes by the time I manage to get into the air force, but I kinda doubt that's going to happen :(

[Edited by Cricket on 05-26-2001 at 23:59]

canada has lots of pilots in service. you might be put in the reserves or a backup squadren. i have met some canadian pilots and they even enjoy flying the older jets and trainers.
if its somthing you want to do then go for it. even you mav, if you want it enogh you can work toward achieving it.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I mean, even a T-bird's better then a Beaver...

It would be nice to fly something a bit newer, though :)

hey. why wasn't maniac let go after the war ended? his disrespect for authority should have made him a lot of enemies.

Or maybe that was just how many kills he had. Either way he's one of the best pilots in Confed so he stayed.

Originally posted by Frosty
Originally posted by Lunatic
No wonder we have so much debt.
Not that it's at all relevant, and please don't let the topic stray because of this post, but the US's debt is mostly the result of the Civil War. After destroying the major southern cities, the Union paid to have them rebuilt, which required loans from various American banks. This has been collecting interest for 130 or so years now. That's a really oversimplified explanation, but it gets the general ida accross.

Actually Frosty you are incorrect. Most of the United State's current debt accumulated in the 1980's with Reagan's exorbinant and unnecessary military spending, actually we for a time in the 1890's right before the panic of 1893 were 100% debt free.

Maybe part of the reason is we're still paying pentions to civil war vet widows. If this carries on, we will STILL be paying for Vietnam in 2110. :D

(from Dirty Little Secrets: highly recommended :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back