Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Ronald Reagan's spending justified by causing or being a leading cause in the collapse of the Soviet economy and hence the Soviet Union?

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Maybe part of the reason is we're still paying pentions to civil war vet widows. If this carries on, we will STILL be paying for Vietnam in 2110. :D

(from Dirty Little Secrets: highly recommended :))

Guess what, the US is still paying for WWII! Not a forgone conclusion the US is still paying for Vietnam, and no telling when those debts, if ever, will get paid off!

RFB

Originally posted by Penguin
Wasn't Ronald Reagan's spending justified by causing or being a leading cause in the collapse of the Soviet economy and hence the Soviet Union?

The Soviet Union was on its way to economic collapse after WWII, with the cold war, they spent huge amounts of money in the arms race with the US. They basically spent all the money on weapons and hardware instead of economies and its people. Their system was doomed to collapse long before Reagan was ever president.

RFB

True but Reagan's policies exacerbated the USSR's problems. Who knows? If Reagan hadn't done what he'd done the Soviet Union might still be sputtering along today. I don't claim to speak for any Americans but I don't think they'd like that. Besides its not like the Russian economy's doing a lot better.

Heres something that fits the thread title, if you get PAX tv, tune in now, special on Mars and new information!

RFB

Isn't it utterly fascinating how after about the third page of a thread in the CZ, almost all vestiges of the original topic are completely replaced by often mindless banter?

Not being mean, just noticing.

It's more worrisome than anything else...

Oh, come on...the Russians were on a path to bankruptcy. Reaganomics gave us that wonderful national debt.

That'll teach Reagan to mess with Arthur B. Laffer!

Yeah, what were we talking about in the first place? Sigh, I just took the US History AP Exam and this is bringing back the nightmares :)

I don't believe that Australia's CAD is in any good shape either, but that's just 'cause we import too much. :)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
The idea behind this is, that by taking out SAMs, tanks, and other DDDs (Dangerous, Deadly, Dull) the military will better be able to use its manned craft.
I just hope they get the IFFs right. <Imagines civilians/innocents being slaughtered by robots>

You know, there's a special room in hell for the people who go "HEY, LOOK, TOPIC DRIFT!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!". And it's very full.

The 9th Level of Hell is reserved for Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer.

interesting indeed!

If anyone watched the program "Exploring the Unknown" on PAX tv network yesterday, they showed some new pictures from the orbiter over Mars. These pictures showed some sort of oval shaped disk sitting on the edge of a cliff, and it also showed what appeard to be a tunnel network with a stuck car of sorts. What was most interesting was the oval shaped disk sitting at the edge of a cliff, it had the shape of the drone in the game Privateer! Maybe this is what is making all those probe missions to Mars fail. Just something interesting!

RFB

Originally posted by LeHah
The 9th Level of Hell is reserved for Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer.

Sorry to ruin your joke, but the ninth circle is for traitors, particularly Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. Sorry, I've been reading Dante lately. :)

BTW, I assume you're alluding to Pearl Harbor. I haven't seen it, but the response (at least on this board) seems to be generally negative.

Whatever.

Here is a link to photos of the "saucer" found on Mars. It very much has the shape of the drone in the game Privateer! There are also other photos of the "tunnel" networks and some other interesting facts on the Cydonia area on Mars, as well as some strange links to how some buildings and city streets today on Earth, match up mathmatically to the Cydonia site!

http://www.enterprisemission.com/images/marssaucer.jpg link to the "saucer" hanging over a cliff!

http://www.enterprisemission.com/index.html link to the Enterprise home site!

http://www.metaresearch.org/home/Viewpoint/Meta-in-News.asp site on the "glassy tubes" found on Mars. Some sort of transportation tube??

[Edited by RFBurns on 05-28-2001 at 18:58]

It is so bad Pearl Harbor????, They don´t released yet in Argentina.
The best war movie that i saw was The Battle OF Midway.

Hey, could you guys please try not to spoil Pearl Harbour too much for me? It'll only be out June 7th over here, and I intend to see it... if only for all those plane flyby scenes, which looked damned incredible in the preview.

Well, I hate to ruin the story for you, but the Japanese *attack*...:)

But seriously, don't see Pearl Harbor. Those three hours would be better spent clawing out your own brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back