I'm new here, and I'm glad to see a WC community

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...by the time I'd gotten to Thrakhath and the Emperor, I'd just given up making sense.
Wait... you were making sense before that? :)
But it doesn't matter, we all got your point very well... :)

You can say the characters ignored that all you want but not the historical documentation, I went right through my WCKS manual, mentioned a lot of stuff, no pilgrims though :) You'd think they might just note such an important event.

The fact is its ludicrous to believe that the guy gets beaten up in Pilgrim Truth by all these pilgrim haters, gets accused of being a traitor because of his ancestory but remarkably his ancestory that of his parents, the history is NEVER mentioned yet we're even told the name of Blairs favourite band ;)

So LOAF when did Bossman die? Before or after blairs arrival on the claw?
What was the first campaign blair fought in after the academy?
When did Blair and Tolwyn first meet? On the claw on the vid link, if on the claw in the academy why is that the first time tolwyn tells him he thought along side his father :p
And most importantly does the rec room have a bartender called shotglass or not *g*

Oh damn I broke the most important rule *g*
But I ever think of them as seperate or give myself a big headache, even if LOAF comes up with some weird reasons how it *could* just be true it'd ruin WC for me if I had to piece things together that really just didn't quite gel.
One of the best things about WC is its solid well thought out (although there are a few holes here and there) history

Another rule: Try not to post twice in a row, unless you're replying to two different posts. If you think you forgot to say something, edit your post.

Unforgiven, even if you're replying to two different posts, put them into one post.
It just gives a cheap way to get post counts up otherwise - if there were 6 one liners I wanted to post, hey, 6 lines!

If I had done that every time, I'd be up to ~>500 by now.
Blair, afaik, died when the Claw was destroyed... or was it during SM2? Can't remember.

Sorry but the point still stands :p
And can anyone explain why maniac actually succeeded with the women and in the cockpit in the WCM rather than just talking big :D

Originally posted by Unforgiven
Another rule: Try not to post twice in a row, unless you're replying to two different posts. If you think you forgot to say something, edit your post.

And another thing to remember Pedro, dont do the administrator's job. If you dont have Admin or Mod under your name, remember not to boss people around;)

What, do I have to put smilies behind everything if I'm not absolutely 100% serious and stern? :D
I wasn't trying to boss him around, just pointing out something to him.
No offense meant, Pedro.
And none taken, Supdon. :D

Originally posted by Pedro
You can say the characters ignored that all you want but not the historical documentation, I went right through my WCKS manual, mentioned a lot of stuff, no pilgrims though :) You'd think they might just note such an important event.

Yes, how stupid of the people who wrote the "History of the Terran/Kilrathi War" forgot to include a history of the PILGRIM WAR.

Also, you're in trouble for not including the soci-political influences behind the Hundred Years War in your CZ profile.

And for not writing putting anything about World War II on the hood of your car.

The "historical documentation" you oh-so-strangely keep referring to is Blair's yearbook, with clips from Claw Marks in it. WHY WOULD THIS MENTION THE PILGRIM WAR? It doesn't mention the creation of Confed or the WEC or the fall of the United Nations... complain about that for no apparent reason.

The fact is its ludicrous to believe that the guy gets beaten up in Pilgrim Truth by all these pilgrim haters, gets accused of being a traitor because of his ancestory but remarkably his ancestory that of his parents, the history is NEVER mentioned yet we're even told the name of Blairs favourite band ;)

His religion *is* mentioned -- in the Confed Handbook, in the movie and in three novels. It's not mentioned in every game/book/etc... much like his favorite band, which is only mentioned in WC3, Secret Ops and the CCG. I guess that means it's not his favorite band, since he doesn't talk about it in Secret Missions 2!

(The point of the novel trilogy, which you missed, was that he understood and overcame his heritage... and also it got rid of all the Pilgrims.)

So LOAF when did Bossman die? Before or after blairs arrival on the claw?

Clearly he died in SM2.

(Another question might be "So, LOAF, when did Bossman die? During the attack on Anchorage or at Firekka?" -- the point being that Super Wing Commander offering similar quandries doesn't bother you at all... you bitch about the movie not because it affects the WC universe but because you hate it.)

What was the first campaign blair fought in after the academy?

He served on a cruiser directly after the Academy, and then spent a short stint at the Academy itself. Then he was assigned to the Tiger's Claw in the Vega Sector.

When did Blair and Tolwyn first meet? On the claw on the vid link, if on the claw in the academy why is that the first time tolwyn tells him he thought along side his father :p]

He met Tolwyn briefly while at Flight School -- Tolwyn assigned his squadron a live combat practice exercise.

And most importantly does the rec room have a bartender called shotglass or not *g*

Yes, he appears in the Wing Commander Movie novel.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
(...)
you bitch about the movie not because it affects the WC universe but because you hate it.
(...)
The two are related... IMO he hates the movie because he thinks it affects the WC universe, which is perfectly understandable... (whether it does affect the universe or not)

Originally posted by Pedro
Sorry but the point still stands :p
And can anyone explain why maniac actually succeeded with the women and in the cockpit in the WCM rather than just talking big :D

That's something you made up, though -- he was married twice in the games...

Originally posted by Supdon3

Its funny in the "all your base" way because it doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

So..........................all your pilgim are belong to us is funny?

"Clearly he died in SM2.

(Another question might be "So, LOAF, when did Bossman die? During the attack on Anchorage or at Firekka?" -- the point being that Super Wing Commander offering similar quandries doesn't bother you at all... you bitch about the movie not because it affects the WC universe but because you hate it.) "

But in the movie he died before Blair got there, thats an annomoly.
I never played Super Wing Commander, I didnt want to since it seemed to be WC1 but messing things up ;)
Now I do NOT hate the wc movie, the only circumstances in which I WOULD hate the movie are if I thought about it as you are trying to make me think about it, as part of the same timeline, I like to know what the ships should look like, the kilrathi, what accent people have, when they died, the movie would mess up what I believe to be the perfect series. (yes I know you'll claim the kilrathi kept changing appearances but to me they always looked similar)
True I'd preffer the movie had it been more like the games but Wing Commander, certainly given the average quality of sci fi films was very good, it just didn't do for me what the games did (No film ever has, but its still not my fav movie either, its in my collection which means a lot since its a small collection).

And showing my ignorance again, when was maniac married? The only major WC items I have yet to watch/ read/ play etc is read the WC3 novel, WC4 guide, finish the 1/2 guide and hope I can find a secrets of the WC universe book as far as I'm aware :)
If this is another thing I've just forgotten I'll be annoyed

As for the variances there IS an offical set of events, its like saying all the routes of the games happened and the kilrathi enslaved man kind, yes its in the games but its not part of the timeline as such ;)

Back