I can't win BiFrost 2

Ripperian

Spaceman
I'm alone in this mission because Paladin was kill in BiFrost 1. I tried to save him but I couldn't. The 6 Jalthi was too much for him. I reflied that mission a few times to see if I can save him but the best I could do was Useless...

And now I'm in Bifrost 2 and yesterday I tried to win that mission and was impossible. I played like 10 times. The last 5 Gratha is enough for me... and in one try I blow up the Depot but I was empty of afterburner's fuel and could not escape. I Eject me and the mission was not succesfull....arrghh.

I'm dealing with te posibility of leave the game.... but that ruin me the whole saga...
How can I play the next if I died before...

It's the hardest game I ever play.

Why I'm alone against all the Kilrathi? I feel alone in this war... All the operations depends on me... why there are so many pilots in the briefing room? Are they pilots or the entire Tiger's Claw are there to see how send one pilot to save us all?

That extracts me of the game... I want to be part of the history but I'm feeling alone... I know this is an old game, but it's what happend to me when I am extremely overcome.

sorry, for the pack... I needed to say all this...

I'm more calm right now...

The problem is, that I can't take down Grathas with my Scimitar. I Shot all de Energy power against one of them, and I can't kill him.... Then the other 4 are on my tail and I must to maneuver and the Gratha Hited is lost.. and I shot another one... but meanwhile I am being hit... and that happens a few times until I have to Eject....

What is the best Strategy to kill 5 Grathas with a Scimitar?

You might want to check out the CIC game guides for some hints on those missions. The Secret Missions are difficult but keep at them.

You might want to check out the CIC game guides for some hints on those missions. The Secret Missions are difficult but keep at them.

I had read it. I know what I need to do, but I must keep trying... but, its a little frustrating to play 10 times the same mission.

I think this is not for any player... I am a gamer for the past 16 years... and I don't have problems to learn how to play any game.... I personally think I am doing the things right but I need an extra effort and concentration to accomplish this mission.

thanks for the strenghts. I must store it for another try.

I think this is not for any player...

You are absolutely correct. One thing that's been somewhat lost to the ages is that the original addon packs were *supposed* to be very, very hard -- they were initially marketed to people who had become experts at the original games and wanted something that would be even harder. They aren't like 'modern' addons, which are usually linear continuations of a story.

So, don't feel bad if it takes quite a bit of trying to win a Secret Missions mission.

Also, one thing people often seem to forget about is that WC1 specifically allows you to win a mission without killing everything. This is particularly true in the case of this mission - all you need to do is to destroy that starbase. If you save your missiles, you can just go straight in for the base and destroy it before the fighters cut you up too much. Then, if you don't think you can win against the remaining fighters, burn away from them, and follow the easy route back to the Tiger's Claw, through the minefield.

The same goes for the first mission in Bifrost, BTW - you're not required to kill all those Jalthi defending the Sivar. And you certainly aren't required to bring Paladin along. If you have trouble keeping him alive, tell him to go back to base after destroying the Ralari.

Ah, I really need to find the time to play WC1 again. That game really offers so much more in terms of tactical choices than any other WC games... or any other space sims in general.

I made it!

I was directly to nav3, but I realize in the return that I don't need to pass for de Nav points I don't want. :eek:

I went across nav1 and nav2 with afterburners. :D
I killed 3 Jalthi and kept one so that the Gratha do not appear. I take down the Depot and returned to the Tiger's Claw whitout passing across the Navpoints... I don't like the Minefields.

Seems that It's not Heroic enough but, mission Accomplish!

I played up to this point without avoiding any navigation point. :D

Up to the next one, when I needed to tell something...

salutes...and thanks for the help. :)

Congratulations. The Secret Missions are quite hard, so do feel bad about leaving a few fighters around and going home once the main mission objectives are completed. You can always go back and try perfecting your techniques on those missions once you've replayed through the rest of the series.

I feel good about leaving a few fighters around after the main objective is completed. After all, With their carrier destroyed, they drift endlessly through the void. A fitting end for Kilrathi warriors.

I feel good about leaving a few fighters around after the main objective is completed. After all, With their carrier destroyed, they drift endlessly through the void. A fitting end for Kilrathi warriors.
Well, at least till life support runs out.

Actually that's how I got through SM2. Remember those insanely hard missions when you take on Kat fleets with a Hornet? They're not actually even that hard. All you're required to do most of the time is get reconaissance! So I would just burn through to the objective, get close enough, and then fly away. Those missions weren't easy but they weren't the insane suicide fests everyone makes them out to be.

Unless of course you DO try to fight the Gratha and Jalthi in a Hornet. But that's why Halycon tells you not to do that :p .

The story behind all secret missions very good. Operation Thor's Hammer is still a favorite of mine.

It's really nice that they convey the sense that the Tiger's Claw was isolated behind enemy lines, even tought the claw is pretty much always on its own on the original game, at least when it come down to the missions.

Exactly. Nothing to fight, nowhere to go, nothing to do except ponder their failure as warriors and their imminent slow honorless deaths. I'll drink to that with jolly ol' Shotglass.
More likely they'd do whatever that ritualistic suicide is to themselves.

Or even fall back into their ancient blood feuds. What else would a stranded Ki'ra and a Kiranka do if they found themselves alone in that kind of situation?

Back