i´m new ; question to secret ops

I can't remember if there actually was German speech. But if there was, then you'll find it at www.secretops.com just like the rest of the game. If when you click on "Deutsch" you end up downloading the English speech, then I guess that means there is no German speech.

[This message has been edited by Quarto (edited February 04, 2000).]

I think you can still download the German version of SO. I'm not sure though.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Well, of course you can. The main downloads are still there. There is definitely a German version of the main file. I don't know about the speech file (although there is a link to it from the "Deutsch" section, so I guess it might be.

Keep in mind, Profi, that after you download this, you will only have the first episode. Just so we understand each other - you may not ask for the other episodes on this chatzone. If you do ask, your posts shall be edited/deleted, and you might be banned. In spite of what some might say, this is not because we are evil. It's just illegal, that's all
smile.gif
. You have been warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto... don't forget, he will also be yelled at.... By ME!!! Because I am the POLICE (Persecutor of Local Idiotic Cretins Enterprises...
smile.gif
)

It took me much too long to come up with that...

Oh Death (LMG's official Net Nazi will also come and yell...)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC: It took you too long to come up with that? Then you shouldn't have bothered. I'm sorry, but if you attempt to yell at anybody, I'm gonna have to shove my Moderator's foot in your mouth
smile.gif
. Only Moderators and Admin have the right to yell at people.

Back to the original topic: It's much more fun to use the original VOs even on the German version of SO. I did that and now I can have both:
English VOs for briefing/space flight and
German text version of speech (if I need some translation I can do Alt+M to see the German text).
IMO the German translation is crap!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

I've seen some games in Poland few years ago that had great translation. Unfortunetly the games were all crap.
frown.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Has it occured to you that those games might have been made in Poland?
smile.gif
That would explain why they were crap, and why the "translation" was great
wink.gif

Though I don't remember the names, I do know for sure that they weren't made in Poland.

------------------
Gen. Patton

How do you know??? They could be a Polish game developer publishing through some big US company so that you'll think the games are good and you'll buy them (This isn't a statement on the quality of Polish games as I have never , to my knowledge, played one
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Most reviews in comp magazines do say from where the games are. And the box isn't always translated.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

TC: Ah, but you'll never know for sure, will you?
smile.gif
Actually, if you look at almost any good game these days, you will find at least one or two Polish names in the credits. We're everywhere
smile.gif
. We've infiltrated every level of your society
smile.gif
Unfortunately, if Polish names are the only thing you see in the credits... Then the game most likely sucked.
smile.gif

Hehe. You never know, but I doubt it would really suck.

These days, I'm inclined to look for any new title bearing WC, even a rerelease of an old one.

Quarto said:
Well, of course you can. The main downloads are still there. There is definitely a German version of the main file. I don't know about the speech file (although there is a link to it from the "Deutsch" section, so I guess it might be.

Keep in mind, Profi, that after you download this, you will only have the first episode. Just so we understand each other - you may not ask for the other episodes on this chatzone. If you do ask, your posts shall be edited/deleted, and you might be banned. In spite of what some might say, this is not because we are evil. It's just illegal, that's all
smile.gif
. You have been warned.

Thanks a lot for the warning but i already have all missions since (I think) 2 years.
the only thing i have forgotten was to download the speech!

Back