How to get a girlfriend if you're a hopeless nerd.

Ugh, Flash. Didn't bother to watch it.

All joking aside, I really think the presence or absence of a boyfriend/girlfriend should never be taken as an indicator of a given person's worth.

I would never want to be with anyone who didn't know WC4 had the best plot of any videogame every put on a CD (or 6...).

I talked about Wing Commander with my wife on the first date, and we're now married, so it must not be a deal breaker. We also had some discussions on Wing Commander IV's plotline. Don't believe everything you read on the internet!!

I talked about Wing Commander with my wife on the first date, and we're now married, so it must not be a deal breaker. We also had some discussions on Wing Commander IV's plotline. Don't believe everything you read on the internet!!

That such a wife exists for example. :D

That such a wife exists for example. :D
She's a rare one, so I guess not everyone should hold out for a girl like that. I use to keep my enjoyment of Wing Commander a secret from girlfriends, but I knew she was someone I could share anything with.. maybe when you meet the right one, you can be yourself... or maybe I just got lucky :).

For $300+ an hour, you can be whoever you want to be, and there wont be any questions asked!! :D

Ugh, Flash. Didn't bother to watch it.

All joking aside, I really think the presence or absence of a boyfriend/girlfriend should never be taken as an indicator of a given person's worth.

I agree, I cannot stand people who feel the need to vailidate their existance through another person, but whats worse is when they apply their own flawed logic to other people. Then again maybe i shouldn't be so harsh, i've heard codependency is a very serious issue for some people.

Of course I managed to either make a pretty bad spelling error or create a new word there...

New word sounds so much more fun, now to make up a definition for a made up word.

She's a rare one, so I guess not everyone should hold out for a girl like that. I use to keep my enjoyment of Wing Commander a secret from girlfriends, but I knew she was someone I could share anything with.. maybe when you meet the right one, you can be yourself... or maybe I just got lucky :).

She's not the only one. Mine only recently came to fully grasp my fascination with science fiction, but she tolerates it (albiet with more than a few eye rolls). I'm working on converting her; she even watches the occasional BSG episode now. Baby steps, but steps nonetheless.

The wives that are really impressive are the ones that let their husbands spend hours making mods or going to Wing Commander conventions.

Back