How much of a difference did it make?

Wildshot

Spaceman
I'd just like to ask people who have big brains a quick question about WC3 and 4. How much of a difference did the conversations really make. I know that the WC3 guide says it "lowers or raises a pilot's morale" but did that really ever make a difference in the game.

Especially the conversations with Rollins, it says in the guide that it "lowers or raises ship morale". What did ship morale ever do in the game, make the turrets more accurate??

In WC3 individual morale was supposed to effect if a pilot was available to fly with, give enough wrong answers and a pilot wouldn't fly with you. Don't know if this was the case, never had any problems with the pilots in the game.

In WC4 morale did pretty much the same. But of course, the answers you gave could effect the outcome of the game, the big one is whether you follow Panther's advice and go to Circe or Hawk's and go for the shipyard. There are other decisions that can alter the outcome, most involving Hawk and Panther and the confrontation between Blair and Tolwyn at the end.

As for ship morale, don't know, maybe it was applied to all the pilots on board?

Morale is probably the most noticable with Catscratch. Good morale will give him more confidence and better judgement... Bad morale gets him shot down pretty quick.

It does affect pilots skill, judgement, courage, willingness to follow orders, and one or two other things.

Maybe the best examples from WC 3 are Blair’s decision (which you can make) to get drunk, which then hinders his ability to “fly straight” in the ensuing mission, and later whether he (you) spurn Flint and/or Rachel, which determines their future presence. (I really don’t know the answer to the question about Rollins, but I’m sure someone else will.) The effects in WC 4 are more complex and involve not only how particular characters react to you (supposedly, only the flying styles of Catscratch, Hawk, and Panther are negatively affected, with Pliers’ morale affecting how well your own fighter performs), but also where the plot branches off (for example, which missions you play and how difficult they are) and which of the four different endgames you reach. I agree one of the best examples is Blair’s confrontation with Tolwyn before the Senate, where Blair’s (your) verbal sparring determines which of them is undone and arrested.

The pilots did fly worse when their morale was down but if you don't rely much on your wingmen, it isn't too terrible.
Low morale was mainly annoying for me because your wingmen wouldn't follow orders.

Hmm, yeh, come to think of it... WC4 major choices the come to mind would be:

1. Pilot in bar - Wether you get the cloaked transports location later.
2. Pliers - cloaking device ("Make me invisible, Pliers")
3. Hawk/Panther - Civillian or Military mission sets
4. Sosa - Decision to go get Catscratch, wether he lives or dies (and Sosa in turns hates you)
5. Pliers - wether or not you want extra hardpoints (but slower speed)
6. Hawk/Panther - to use the flashpack on Ella (and wether you'll have it later).
7. Wether or not to load up the flashpack to use on the Vesuvius
8. Tolwyn - Assembly - wether you live or die.

There's other semi-major ones that come to mind:
Catscratch - "I like this kid" (Catscratch+1)
Defecting immediately - Hawk, Panther, Maniac, Catscratch, Moral +1.
Hawk - Wether you talk to Maniac (Hawk+1, Maniac-1 else Hawk-1, Maniac+1)
Tolwyn - wether you let him go - Dekker-1, Maniac+1 or vv, otherwise Dekker+1, Maniac-1.

Mostly stuff like the latter effect performance. Others affect the storyline.

Thanks, clears some stuf up. Obviously the decisions in WC4 affect the plot and where you go(although I hear if you attack the shipyard instead of going to Circe you supposedly then can fly the Bearcat, that never worked out for me).

One thing I'm still not sure about though is ship morale. It definately says in the WC3 guide that your conversations with Rollins affect ship morale. For example, you dress Rollins down, ship morale goes down. You tell Rollins to keep his ears open, ship morale goes up. Stuff like that.

Originally posted by akashra
Hmm, yeh, come to think of it... WC4 major choices the come to mind would be:

1. Pilot in bar - Wether you get the cloaked transports location later.
2. Pliers - cloaking device ("Make me invisible, Pliers")
3. Hawk/Panther - Civillian or Military mission sets
4. Sosa - Decision to go get Catscratch, wether he lives or dies (and Sosa in turns hates you)
5. Pliers - wether or not you want extra hardpoints (but slower speed)
6. Hawk/Panther - to use the flashpack on Ella (and wether you'll have it later).
7. Wether or not to load up the flashpack to use on the Vesuvius
8. Tolwyn - Assembly - wether you live or die.

There's other semi-major ones that come to mind:
Catscratch - "I like this kid" (Catscratch+1)
Defecting immediately - Hawk, Panther, Maniac, Catscratch, Moral +1.
Hawk - Wether you talk to Maniac (Hawk+1, Maniac-1 else Hawk-1, Maniac+1)
Tolwyn - wether you let him go - Dekker-1, Maniac+1 or vv, otherwise Dekker+1, Maniac-1.

Mostly stuff like the latter effect performance. Others affect the storyline.

please, spoil it for me more, i beg you.

Well, shes been banned for the second time, by Kris. Anyone know why? :)

I dont know about a second time but what i read was akashra said kris twists things and takes them in the wrong context and picks on people.

akashra was a girl?

It was said repeatedly that she was a girl. Apparently, she's a girl with a big mouth and little tact.

"She"?? Wow... Never figured...
I thought all the WC female fans were only nice people... [pulls up naive face] :confused:

In that case, she was really an ass...

People who frantically kill Kilrathi/bugs/humans (okay, most of the humans don't die, they always eject) can't be nice! :p

Ah, I remember the review of Privateer Righteous Fire well: "What could be nicer after going to church and making my monthly donations to a lot of peace funds to shoot down computer generated enemies in Privateer? To shoot down computer generated enemies in Privateer Righteous Fire!"
Or something along those lines at least. ;)

Originally posted by LeHah
It was said repeatedly that she was a girl. Apparently, she's a girl with a big mouth and little tact.

No it hasn't. He's just some stupid guy who thinks he's better than everybody.

Back