Hmm any updates for us?

I checked the Standoff website to see what the Gratha buzz is. The little picture looks good - my only complaint is that the service entry date should be 2654. According to the WC1/2 USG the encounter with Gratha in the Gateway System was Confed's first.

WC1 Gratha
wc1gratha.jpg

Standoff´s Gratha
shot48.png

Looks pretty accurate to me, except maybe for the cockpit windows. BTW, I tried to access Claw Marks at http://claw.solsector.net to check the Gratha drawings in details but it ain´t there. Was it taken down?

Last edited by a moderator:
He does have a point, it's not my most accurate model ever, maybe because it was also based on UE's Gratha (seriously :p) apart from the Claw Marks scans (which I used for all WC1 ships).

grathac.png

In terms of accuracy the UE Gratha is pretty good too, if it looks bad it's just due to lack of detail.

BTW, I've fixed that date. Thanks for the info, LOAF.

I just relized. I love the model, It's those enormous windows i hate. All the other ships looks like they did in WC1-2, but the gratha doesnt.

Yup, gotta be the windows. I wish I could remember why have I even made them different in the first place. :p

Nah, the original windows would fit in just as fine. My guess is that I did the textures looking only at Claw Marks, and forgot to check what the actual sprites looked like. :p

Oh, the final call has been made - changing that texture, for better or worse, would take some thirty minutes of work. :p

Dragon-Dreams said:
I personally like the new Gratha design better. You can make the final call, but I don't really think it needs changing.

It's the dreaded Gratha MK2.
Hurry! RUN!

Well, I'm gonna resurrect an old thread, because I don't feel like starting a new one :p.

If anybody's wondering about Standoff progress, Eder posted a news update a few days ago. The news update is pretty small, but also quite significant - we've reached the point where the voiceovers and the fiction are now (almost) the only things left to be done in the prologue (well, I'm sure we'll still find a few more bugs to fix, but any bug that hasn't already been noticed and fixed must be pretty small). And we're making good progress with the voiceovers, too.

Now, given that so much hinges on when the voiceover people send in their work, we definitely still can't give any release date estimates yet. However, we are getting there :).

Dyret said:
You can revive old threads because you are a mod, right?
No, I can revive old threads because I feel like it :p. I'm not gonna start a new thread just to post something that fits perfectly well into an existing thread.

(being a mod has nothing to do with it - if anything, a moderator has even less right than everybody else to revive old threads without a good reason, because he should know better)

Wow it's so great that 2 Mods are so close to being ready for atleast some kind of intial release. I need to get on top of getting a WC PC

The key part of the 'no old threads' rule is that it only applies in the vast majority of cases where old threads get resurrected for abosolutely no reason: some jackass wants to increase his post count by talking to the long dead or some new person doesn't realize he's scrolled way way back... it's perfectly okay to respond to an old thread if you have some new information on the topic. Replying to an old thread about the Vesuvius' specifications because you found a reference to another mass driver battery would be good -- reply to an old thread about whether or not people like rock music toio inform everyone that yes, you still do like rock music, would be bad.

Anyway, I have sent some voice work and I'm waiting for comments/new assignments. If you guys need anything...

thanx.

Back