Here's a thought!

He means its not Important that Eisan is Black. It doesn't matter.

Which is why I say Eddie Murthy would make a good Rollins.

Originally posted by BattleDog
He means its not Important that Eisan is Black. It doesn't matter.

I don't quite see why. That's a part of his character. Would it matter if Blair didn't have arms?

My conclusion from that last statement:

It's difficult for Eisen to captain without being black!

Note for people who don't understand jokes: I agree with weasel.

Yes... Die.

Anyway, as I was trying to point out, Blair wouldn't be Blair without having arms and Eisen wouldn't be Eisen without being black.

It would sure look weird for Eisen to be played by a white character... but it wouldn't be the first time a character was played by an actor of a different ethnic group than what was meant originally by the author. Look at the Wild Wild West movie and Will Smith playing James West... that doesn't make him less believable than Robert Conrad.

He doesn't make an unbelievable James West because he's black, it's because he's Will Smith.

As far as I can see there is nothing in Eisan's Charicter which could be considered "Black".

I think you're verging on racism by suggesting that his ethnic origan is important.

At what point does he demonstate being black?

I think you're verging on racism by suggesting that his ethnic origan is important.

I hardly think that pointing out his physical characteristics even comes close to being racist.

At what point does he demonstate being black?

That whole time that he's there, being black! That's probably the stupidest question I've ever heard.

You know all the people that complained about Paladin's accent in the movie? This is the exact same thing.

Movies/Interactive movie thingies with important black characters rock. Look at James Earl Jones in the Tom Clancy movies or Morgan Freeman in anything. Stand By Me is a good one tho. Always good to have a strong black character.
Star Trek on the other hand has a bunch of panzies. Original star trek you had some nigga at the comm taking messages, now in Enterprise you got some nigga flying the white man around. It should be called Driving Captain Archer. Don't even get me started on making the black man a blind handicap...

Once upon a time, a long time ago, on a Depot far away, a Drill Instructor said,"If you're in a hot LZ, and you are about to get killed or captured, when the dustoff chopper comes, do you care what color the hand is that helps you in? If it doesn't matter then, then it never matters."

Back