Hardest Mission

The hardest part of the last WC2 mission is the 4 Drakhai that fly out after you take out Thrak.
For me (and I believe I've mentioned this numerous times in the past) is the last mission for WC2SO1. For the very simple reason that the two Fralthra are guarded by like 12 Gothris (IIRC) plus the cruisers have AMG's which put a real cramp in flying.
I just don't get why, if you fail the mission, the Concordia can't destroy the Fralthras? I've flown in several missions where the Concordia nailed two Fralthras with her big guns. And since the distance between waypoints in WC2 weren't all that great it wouldn't take long for the Concordia to head on over and prove she's a DREADnought
wink2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
For the sake of the storyline. Come to think of it, those AMG's were a bit of a pain, especially since the torp lock tolerance is not that great compared to Prophecy.

BTW, I'm still not to good on some of the acronyms - what do IIRC and AFAIK (or whatever it is) stand for?

There are are couple of seldom played alternative missions in WCIV that are harder than anything mentioned here so far. I tried for a couple of years to beat every single possible mission in WCIV on Nightmare. There is a Deadzone mission where you fail to get the information from the pilot because of the choice you make at the beginning of the game - don't buy the drunk a drink and you get to play this mission without benefit of knowing where to look for the jammer capship.
Try it - it is insanely difficult to beat even on "Hard", and I never beat it on a higher difficulty.

Wedge009 said:
BTW, I'm still not to good on some of the acronyms - what do IIRC and AFAIK (or whatever it is) stand for?

If I Recall Correctly, and As Far As I Know.
wink2.gif

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Ok... I've done some thinking about this, and I believe I can finally answer your question. The hardest mission for me was the WC3 mission after we find out of Angel's death. The first time I played this one... I don't particularly like Rachel, so when she offered her company, I chose the bottle instead
wink2.gif

Ha, ha, ha.
biggrin.gif
It is a bitch to fly wasted, ain't it?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Dralthi5: You bet
smile.gif
. After the fifteenth time, I finally decided that I would unfortunately have to talk to her instead. Mind you, even then the mission is a pain, because I tend to have trouble with corvettes.

Hobbie: Pretty much everything. But let's just say her... attitude... is annoying.

I don't know if it was really that hard, but there was one mission in P2 that got really annoying. The one were you have to kill some pirates for a TV show, IIRC, and the fighting takes place around a big capship. If you miss the pirates and hit the "friendly" capship even once, it quickly frys me with turret fire. I guess I could have been more patient and waited for clear shots, but at the time I was in a rather poor fighter and I couldn't miss any opportunities to do damage.

you mean it was possible to miss in that game? The missions Im having trouble with are in Privateer, where youve got a 1-missile-bay ship and are trying to escape the corvette and deal with the gothris in the asteroid field at the same time. Although it make for good practice for WC2SO1

Chernikov said:
The missions Im having trouble with are in Privateer, where youve got a 1-missile-bay ship and are trying to escape the corvette and deal with the gothris in the asteroid field at the same time. Although it make for good practice for WC2SO1

You do of course realize that you could put two missile launchers on your Centaurian.

The toughest mission for me is any mission I have to fly using the F---in' keyboard....

------------------

§

I find it quite easy to use the keyboard. Of course, that's because I've never owned a working joystick.
smile.gif

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I find it quite easy to use the keyboard in Priv, since my only other option is a mouse.
smile.gif
But I sure as hell fly with a stick in all other games.

Admittedly, the mouse is weird in Priv. But if you manage to get used to it, it works far better than the keyboard...

That's the problem, you have to get used to the mouse, and since it takes some time some people will get inpatient (like me) and go back to the keyboard. For now I'll just use the mouse for Diablo and Starcraft.
smile.gif

------------------
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"
and the bodies of those adventurers who get bad advice.

Member of the LMG (Disgruntled Men)

Back