Halo News!

There is also a Halo game coming out from Wingnut, a Peter Jackson creation....

And Ghosts of Onyx is already on store shelves in some locations!

Looks like the Halo movie has been put on hold for a bit...HBO

Although GoO is out!! Too bad I ordered my copy along with the 20th anniv Transformers movie so I won't be getting it for another week or so...

Wingnut Interactive states that they've agreed to "postpone making a feature film based on the Halo video game universe until we can fulfill the promise we made to millions of Halo fans throughout the world that we would settle for no less than bringing a first class film to the big screen."

I wouldn't worry, they're probably just waiting for modern science to invent a real car that's as painfully awful to drive as the Halo one.

Looks like the Halo movie has been put on hold for a bit...HBO

Although GoO is out!! Too bad I ordered my copy along with the 20th anniv Transformers movie so I won't be getting it for another week or so...

I got mine in the mail on Monday. I'm about 200 pages into it, and It's pretty good.

VoxMS_013.jpg

Make sure you order your Halo 3 Legendary set before they run out. http://www.gamestop.com/gs/halo3/

No it doesn't. A helmet alone doesn't do you much good, and I doubt it's molded internally to put a head inside, if it's even big enough.

It looks like the helmet is about the height of a DVD case -- not something you can wear.

As for whether or not it's worth it... Halo certainly isn't my favorite game, but the idea of special editions in general is pretty great. Where would we be without our neat Wing Commander III Premiere Editions or our Privateer 2 Deluxe Editions?

d3r3k said:
It looks like a huge waste of money to me.

The whole game is a huge waste of money if you're not a fan of the series. But if you are, and a bunch of million people are, then it's a great deal. The base game price is $60, and it's $70 for a version with a bonus disc. The $100 set comes with two more discs full of bonus material, plus the disc holder and helmet collectible. That's a really good deal compared to the price of the standalone game. Truly special editions with neat stuff like that are very rare here, so seeing them go ahead with something like that is great.

I enjoy my special edition Halo 2. Mainly for the box 'cause it's so much cooler than the standard edition (although the standard Halo 2 box has some good box art as well).

Back