Freelancer - release date 2002?

Johnl12

Repairman
I just remember that Freelancer was to be release this month. I check Gamespot and EBworld and they did not have a release date for it. I then when to MS Freelancer site and it now has a release date of 2002. I wonder what happen.

They aren't like Activision (remember Sin?). Microsoft is more than willing to hold off release until the game is perfect... which is why most MS games are great!

Really? I am probably the least educated in games, but my impression was that MS games weren't all that flash.

Originally posted by Manic
They aren't like Activision (remember Sin?). Microsoft is more than willing to hold off release until the game is perfect... which is why most MS games are great!

Tell me wich game maded by MS, not distributed.

[Edited by Ghost on 08-08-2001 at 00:04]

Originally posted by Ghost
Originally posted by Manic

Tell me wich game maded by MS, not distributed.

[Edited by Ghost on 08-08-2001 at 00:04]
Please elaborate Ghost... that didn't make much sense :)
Wedge, they aren't flashy... but they are stable, with solid gameplay and decent content. I especially loved how deeply they delved into the histories of the countries in Age of Empires II: Age of Kings!

I usually don't like games done by MS that had originally been done by someone else. Although they are stable and good all around, the have a tendency to screw things up. Take mechwarrior 3&4 for example. Great graphics and gameplay, but everything else was wrong.

Mech 3/4 were just WRONG in oh so many ways.
I still prefer Mech 2.

Every now and then a good MS released game comes out... CART PR, Flight Simulator... but that's about it of what I can remember. DigitalAnvil are under the Microsoft banner, I hope they don't follow suit with whatever they release next.

Micropose released Mech3, then Microsoft released Mech4, both of which are excellent i must say.

Outwars is one of my favorite games, and it was released by Microsoft.

Wait I have an idea! Perhaps we've been going about this whole Activision deal all wrong... Let's petition DIGITAL ANVIL to BUY THE LISCENCE! Chris Roberts said before he'd gladly revisit it... and I'm damn sure he'd love the chance to continue the story! ;)

I think I read somewhere that he's still some kind of "consultant" for Freelancer, but it really didn't sound like he still had much to say...

Ciao
B.S.

I wonder if Erin Roberts is still involved with DA after his brother left... You can always tell when Erin has his hand in a game's design... that god-awful shield display system... bah!

[Edited by Manic on 08-08-2001 at 19:41]

Originally posted by akashra
Mech 3/4 were just WRONG in oh so many ways.
I still prefer Mech 2.

(...)

Ohh, I agree that the Mech2 series was extremely good at its release and that Mech4 was a bit disappointing but I found Mech3 to be almost perfect. Great graphics, wide variety of Mechs and very good controls.

I still think someone ought to try and get a hold of ol' Chris... I don't doubt he has the cash to liscence WC again... :)

He's got enough money to found all these companies? Wow. :)

Say, is there anything special happening at Destination Games, lately?

Back