Fleet Action -> Kilrathi dreadnoughts

Originally posted by Shane
I would have much prefered to face off with Hakaga carriers on the losing path to WCIII.
Which makes me think of another thing: it appears to me in the losing ending of WC3 that the people act as if the Kilrathi have never been in the Sol system before. Was the Armada they amassed really that much bigger than the one in Fleet Action? Not that it matters anyway, Kilrathi just being in Sol was probably bad enough.

Well, the fear and anger people showed in WC3 might have been a "never again" kind of reaction. After the pounding we took in FA, we would never want to give the Kilrathi the chance to finish the job.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009
Which makes me think of another thing: it appears to me in the losing ending of WC3 that the people act as if the Kilrathi have never been in the Sol system before. Was the Armada they amassed really that much bigger than the one in Fleet Action? Not that it matters anyway, Kilrathi just being in Sol was probably bad enough.

How does it appear that way?

We shall never be conquered!

The Kilrathi "lost" only one war until now (and as my fellow comrad Raptor pointed out, this is only a temporary setback :)) and they would have been on the winner side, if it hadn't been for Blair and his lucky shot.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It was a Bhantkara class Heavy Carrier -- the kind of Kilrathi carrier we encounter in WC3.

And those always appeared to be very crappy, but FC makes it sound as if they were quite potent.

Your mother eats used cat litter! Long live the fighters!

So? Confed has never lost a war...right?

Re: We shall never be conquered!

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
The Kilrathi "lost" only one war until now (and as my fellow comrad Raptor pointed out, this is only a temporary setback :)) and they would have been on the winner side, if it hadn't been for Blair and his lucky shot.

And the Mantu are...? :)

Re: Re: We shall never be conquered!

That was a draw. And the Mantu will keep till we deal with you pesky (but very tasty) Terrans. :)

Best, Raptor

Quite right Raptor. The Mantu withdrew and you should keep in mind liitle Terran: The human were about to lose the war, the Kilrathi were not beaten on the military field. It was just the destruction of Kilrah, the center of the Kilrathi culture which led to this "cease-fire".

Well if the government hadn't bought the false truce the Kilrathi would've gone down. So if the Kilrathi had succeeded in taking Earth in the BoT it was only because of the fluke of tricking the Terrans.

Oh and by the way your pelts make nice rugs.

As always the Kilrathi ego blinds them to the facts, excactly how would you have beaten the Terrans , shoot rocks at them do not forget that prior to the false truce the imperial fleet was having transport problems and several ships were overdue for overhauls the Kilrathi were far from beating anyone then much less dominating them. Besides the Kilrathi should thank Confed for getting rid the prince for them , he could'nt lead lemmings over a cliff much less beat the Mantu.

So maybe he should have been a spymaster, I mean that was a great idea as far as spying is concerned , even if it is looked down on by most Kilrathi in general that was the greatest intel coup in a long while.

The armada which attacked Earth in WC3 was most certainly larger than the one in Fleet Action. I do not remember the exact quote, but Thrahkath said it was the most impressive armada ever assembled, or something to that effect. Plus, 22km long ships are pretty scary.

Originally posted by Penguin
Well if the government hadn't bought the false truce the Kilrathi would've gone down. So if the Kilrathi had succeeded in taking Earth in the BoT it was only because of the fluke of tricking the Terrans.
Oh and by the way your pelts make nice rugs.

Jukaga talks about a serious setback in the prologue of FA, not that the Kilrathi are doomed due to their lack of transports. And the Terrans would have gained temporarily an equal strength of numbers, there's no evidence I recall that Confed was going to defeat the Kilrathi in the near future.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Jukaga talks about a serious setback in the prologue of FA, not that the Kilrathi are doomed due to their lack of transports. And the Terrans would have gained temporarily an equal strength of numbers, there's no evidence I recall that Confed was going to defeat the Kilrathi in the near future.

At the same time there was no evidence of the existence of the Kilrathi armadas, the Behemoth or the T-Bomb. Stuff happens quick.

Originally posted by Bhaktadil
Plus, 22km long ships are pretty scary.

Speak for yourself! They may take longer to smash, but I come home much more satisfied! :D

Back