Favorite Input Devices?

I'm right-handed, actually... I'd just get so into the game that I'd simply maul the joystick. Went through three of them just to beat WC3.

wingman extreme digital is not THAT good... I had logitech send me two new ones ...........it kept braking..

I had a wingman (nomral) before that....but the thing broke due to regular use......

thinking of buying a CH combo trottle and stick.....

you guys have any tips on wich stick??

my all time favorite stick that i own, is the saitek Cyborg 3D digital. i don't know why people dislike the digital sticks as i never had a problem, i could map almost every keyboard button to a button on the stick, 32 programable functions. but for older dos games, i have an old interact stick with 6 buttons.
as for gampads i just bought a thrustmaster firestorm dual power, i has 13 buttons, dual analog/digital thumb sticks, and an 8-way dpad. it is sweet, and it only cost $20.

my first joystick was a logitech wingman, but it think i played to much with it since it had the bad habbit of continuesly "flying" my craft to the left. so i needed a new one. i bought a thrustmaster top gun joystick, wich i still have today. it has 3 buttons, a triger and a hat-swith. more the enough. the keyboard-joystick combo suits me well

then i have 2 logitech wingman gamepads, but i rarely use them. only for sport games

I like Logitech's wingman joysticks..i've had three so far, one broke after i had used it so much and i have two more one a Wingman Attack, a down graded version of Wingman Extreme with only 4 buttons, and i have a Wingman Extreme. I also fell into that Force Feedback and had bought a Microsoft stick about a yr ago..it isnt a bad stick it just didnt work well with my non-Microsoft games like WC:p, XWA, and Freespace. But the stick came with Mechwarrior 3, so it wasnt all a loss.

my problem is, I just want to buy a CH product HOTAS set-up
but I'm afraid I will brake it, since I broke every other stick I ever owned!...........how sturdy are they?

could someone give me some feedback on these rather expensive babies!

Originally posted by Dragon Lord
my problem is, I just want to buy a CH product HOTAS set-up
but I'm afraid I will brake it, since I broke every other stick I ever owned!...........how sturdy are they?
could someone give me some feedback on these rather expensive babies!

I got mine for about 2 years now, no problems so far. But then I only broke very few sticks in my life and only one PC stick at all.
They are reported to be very durable however and they certainly feel that way.

Originally posted by Dragon Lord

thinking of buying a CH combo trottle and stick.....
you guys have any tips on wich stick??
Two:
* If you plan to purchase pedals get a stick without rudder support (The CH FX is the only ForceFeedback stick that I know of, that has this property).
* A plain stick should do (non programmable). The trottle takes care of the remapping itself
(I am talkting about the old analogue models here - dunno about USB ones)

Originally posted by ace

Wow I thought I was the only one who actually bought a CH Force FX...I don't even remember how much I paid for it, but I'm sure it was a bunch.

Probably too much, just like me... ;)
I guess it was around $300 or so for all 3 parts.
But it is really worth it. I actually wasn't so hot for the Force FX in that setting, but I found it to be the only plain (as in no rudder, no pedals, no programming) FF stick there is (which is of advantage if you don't want to disturb the remaining components of a HOTAS).

Originally posted by Manic
I use the Microsoft Voice Command myself, GameCommander any good?

I got almost no complaint about it. But try it yourself.
The demo (only 5 single key commands IIRC) is free.

Welcome to the recurring post that should never have to happen in the first place...

Multi-posting is for fucktards, we have an
edit.gif
button, use it.

Originally posted by iCe
want to raise in ranks quick cf??? :D

If you'll notice Karl's registration date (25th of January 2000... the first month this iteration of the board was up) you will realize that Karl is not a post whore. He's just a little odd! Luckily, we all love him anyway.

Best 2-handed solution (high end):
=========================
Saitek X36 combo (or more recently, the X45, though I haven't tried it, and *won't* 'cuz my X36 suits me just fine...). More buttons and options than you got fingers & toes, and configurable as all getout, not to mention pretty sturdy. Something like 250 commands can be "locked & loaded" at any one time. HOO-WAHH!...

Best Lone stick option (lower end):
=========================
Suncom F-15 Talon. Big & sturdy, 2 (4-way) hatswitches & 4 fire buttons, can store 4 macros or sets of programmed commands. Altogether (4 those 2 lazy 2 do the math), can store 4 sets of 12 commands (hey, I said it was low-end; though at the time it came out it was one of the most advanced stix of it's time. Still, can be had today at participating EB outlets for as cheap as $9 or $10--great bargain for the money...)

Neither has FF funxion, but that ain't no thang, since it never quite "took off" the way it should've, so not too many games support it anyway...

:cool:

I've also gone through several sticks... I had a really old 2 button Interact stick to begin with, but it never really worked right. Then we had the 2 button Interact pads... Then the 6 button Interact pad... then the 6 button Interact stick with throttle... (Interact is cheap :p ) I used the last 2 in tandem for a while, then upgraded to a Gravis Eliminator Precision Pro stick, which was pretty cool... 'til I snappend the stick off... Then I got a Logitech Wingman Extreme with 7 buttons, hat switch, throttle, and rudder... (I don't like FF) and I got a Gravis Gamepad Pro to supplement that for my PSX emulations..

Long history that nobody wants to read :p

Originally posted by Wedge009
Two-handed joysticks? How do they work? Is that like a stick and a throttle together?

You got it, Johnny...
(**valiantly avoids temptation to type: "Wedgey"**)

I coulda been clearer on that point, but I figgered folks'd know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Anyway, yeah, X36 & X45 are stick & throttle combo's, and they be ROCKIN"!....

can you get force feedback versions of those? I'd LOVE a full size throttle... Build a cockpit and mount it in... sweet

Back