Favorite fighter.

WC1: Raptor or Rapier, I can't decide. It's really about whether I feel like killing or not being killed.

On the Kilrathi side, I forgot which ship was my worst enemy.

WC2: Three-way tie between the Rapier, the Sabre, and the Wraith. The Rapier is pretty good for fighting in general but they never put Torps on it. The Sabre is my favorite cap-killer and is not all that bad for fighting either. The Wraith is just way too good, and I can understand why they were never mass-produced: because then we'd be too hot to handle! The Morningstar is fun for the Academy too, but it doesn't have, ahem, enough nukes for the normal missions.

On the Kilrathi side, the Gothri was absolutely evil. It lasted long, was very maneuverable, and probably had the capability to kill all the capships with phase shields. Even the Jrathek didn't have that!

WC3 and beyond: Never played 'em. =)

WC1: Raptor
WC2: Sabre
Privateer: Centurion
WC3: Arrow
WC4: Banshee
WCP: Panther

Favorite Weapon of All-Time: Tachyon Cannon from Privateer.

I shall say this again. I love all things wingy one. The best gun out there was the mass driver. It always seemed to do more damage cos it looked bad ass. I liked the noise it made in the original game too so that was good.

All you people have forgotten your roots, silly WCP ship, pah, all means nothing. I would be happy to fight anything in a raptor from any wing game

I like the mass driver as well, and you're right, climber. The Raptor is a d@mned sweet fighter! In fact, these are the WC fighters (in order) that I am at my best when piloting one:

1. tied between the dragon, excalibur, banshee, vindicator, rapier, and raptor.
2. Vampire (WCP)
3. Morningstar

johnhawke said:
Argh....

I'm so sick of hear about the "wonderful" Excalibur. Seems like every thread always ends up being about how the Excal can do this, or the Excal can do that. Ack! Get a room. LOL

Someone have a BAD experience with an Excalibur? Hmm?

ChazZio said:
Someone have a BAD experience with an Excalibur? Hmm?

You see, when johnhawke was young, an Excalibur came into his room every night . . . and violated him.

P.S. My favorite is the Excalibur

psych said:
You see, when johnhawke was young, an Excalibur came into his room every night . . . and violated him.

P.S. My favorite is the Excalibur

It's either that, or he couldn't find the Cloak button in WC3, so kept getting violated by Ekapshis on the Kilrah Run. :rolleyes:

climber said:
I shall say this again. I love all things wingy one. The best gun out there was the mass driver. It always seemed to do more damage cos it looked bad ass. I liked the noise it made in the original game too so that was good.

All you people have forgotten your roots, silly WCP ship, pah, all means nothing. I would be happy to fight anything in a raptor from any wing game

I doubt that raptor would hold up for very long against the Steltek drone. One good shot from that bad puppy and your space litter.

Care to try against a super Centurion loaded with 6 type II Steltek guns and level 7 engines and shields? ;) (even the Steltek drone cant handle it)

wc1 - raptor
wc2 - ferret
wc3 - Excal (not just because it was a SuperTwinkieFighter)
wc4 - Banshee/Dragon
wcP - Wasp/Vamp
wcSO - Vamp
Priv - Centurion
Armada - Wraith
Academy - Wraith was here too, wasn't it?

I liked the Avenger too. Lots of hard-hitting guns, plenty of missiles and torpedos, a good, solid set of shields, and solid armor. It's only downsides were that it was too slow to deal with large numbers of light fighters. Other than that, the Avenger is a great all-round ship.

Personally I prefer the heavy duty ones.

The Broadsword from Wing Commander II for it's heavy shields and tri-mass drivers.

The Orion from Wing Commander Privateer. I like ramming the ship into talons and watching them blow up.

The Excalibur was favourite in Wing Commander III for its power. I can't remember, but I thought it had auto cannons and cloaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
WC1-Raptor
WC2-Sabre and Morningstar
WC3-Excalibur
WC4-Dragon and Bearcat
WCP-Devastator
Academy-Wraith
Armada-Wraith
Privateer-Centurion
Privateer 2-Dankirk

If you were to compare a WC fighter to a Star Wars fighter, I would say that the Arrow is like the A-Wing

RiotAct218 said:
Privateer: Something kinda nostalgic about the Tarsus...

We're probably the only two people here that feel that way about that old ship. :)

Bandit LOAF said:
The Privateer 'cut ship' was a "speeder" a fifth ship you could buy that was really fast but carried a low number of weapons and cargo

That’s too bad they cut that out. I think it would have been cool to have a ship that depended on speed and maneuverability instead of firepower or defenses. But then again, I personally love doing scout/exploration missions.

BTW, off topic....I remember reading that the Tarsus was basically an out dated ship. Around in what time in the WC timeline was the Tarsus considered the cutting edge of ships?

Back