Favorite fighter.

Has anyone ever done a "Favorite Dralthi" thread? Because that would be cool... :p

I liked the Dralthi IV - the new asymetrical design made Kilrathi ships look more primal/dangerous. Plus the Dralthis in WC3 were much more challenging than in previous games.

I'll agree 100% with 'ya there, RedDuke! Although, Dralthi's were like flying target practice for me in a Thunderbolt, or a Longbow, and, of course, the Excalibur!

Recently Got Privateeer, and (I KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOIONG TO NOT LIKKE ME FOR THIS) I have to say that I like the Tarsus. Yes, the Crappy Tarsus. Why? Because it has a very cool interior, not a bad forward view IMO, and has done well whenever I got in a scrape.

I also liked the drathli in wc3, it seemed less like a flying bullseye and more like a fighter to contend with especially in packs

The only kat fighters really good with one on one are the vaktoth, Bloodfang mk1 and mk2, and maybe the jalthi

I would have to say that the Dralthis in Privateer Riteous Fire were pretty tough, two particle cannons and a fusion cannon gave them quite the amount of punch. They were the only ships you really have to worry about especially if there were three or more.

I always hated dealing with Jalthi's. Although the Strakha's from WC3 were REAL pains. It made me wish that Confed had installed the same kind of sensors into the Excalibur as they did with the Dragon, which would allow you to see other cloaked fighters.

I think the ability to see other cloaked ships has more to do with some beacon each ship might put out, or the sensors are tuned into the cloaking devices so that they know which wavelength to scan to see the ship...just a guess though

Yeah, the Excalibur from WC3 and WC4's Dragon are probably the sweetest, sleekest looking confed fighters I've ever seen, other than WCP's Vampire.

TigerNobleHeart said:
WC1: The Scim. *grins*
WC2: Undecided.
WC3: The Excal. :)
WC4: A tie between the BL Dragon and the BW Banshee.
WCP: The Wasp. :)

Finally, a scim lover!!! :D Nice to meet ya! Why not drop Broadsword in slot 2?

Dundradal said:
I also liked the drathli in wc3, it seemed less like a flying bullseye and more like a fighter to contend with especially in packs

They were rather hard to kill in WC4 too.

I have to admit I think that any fighter that mounts mass drivers is a great fighter...so scims and broadswords especially, for me they seem like they just tear through fighters...

WhiteDevil01 said:
I always hated dealing with Jalthi's. Although the Strakha's from WC3 were REAL pains. It made me wish that Confed had installed the same kind of sensors into the Excalibur as they did with the Dragon, which would allow you to see other cloaked fighters.

Maybe because Confed hadn't developed these sensors yet as of WC3? As I recall, the cloak you use on the Excalibur is a prototype, implying that Confed was only just getting a handle on cloaking technology at the time.

Confed had access to cloaking before 2669, they had captured kilrathi examples of it, but weren't quite sure how exactly it worked. The excal's cloaking device is an early attempt (?) at reverse enginnerring the kilrahti equivilant.

The Bannockburn had a captured kilrathi device that could shroud that vessel and it was large enough to have 2 jump capable ferrets in it's cargo hold.

Back