Favorite CapShip in WC

Originally posted by Napoleon
Originally posted by Cadfael
My favourite capship is and alwys will be the VICTORY!!!!!
And of course the talahasse class cruiser!

Its Ranger Class Light Carrier
No Napoleon i don't mean the ranger class i sayd my most favourite capship is the victory and no other carrier even if it is of the same class.

I think that you are confused....
The Concordia Class wasn´t refitted, the TCS Lexington from WCIV is a concordia class. (the designers use the same model of thr TCS Victory ,why???, i don´t know).
the TCS Concordia (from WC2 was a COnfederation Class) so maybe you think that the ship of WCIV (TCS Lexington) is a refit from the TCS Cncordia (from WC2)or other Confederation Class ship.

BTW LOAF: from what class is the TCS Lexington from WC Armada)

All Concordia class carriers look like Ranger class light carriers -- only bigger, and with slight differences. It's because they were all born of the same pre-war era... that was what carriers were supposed to look like. Compare some of the different ship classes from World War II...

The TCS Lexington (CV-44) was, indeed refitted -- because she was severly damaged at the Battle of Terra. But it didn't change how she looks...

Nep: You're thinking of the *Dralthi* not being jump capable in Prophecy -- the guide doesn't say anything about the corvette in that regard.

The TCS Lexington from Armada is Lexington class.

Back before the war fighters just werent that important when it came to fighting, at least not as important as capships that could fight ship to ship. Fighters didnt have the capability to damage capships. Therefore carriers really only needed to be functional. One flight deck that fighters can land and take off from. When fighters became more important and strategic tools, versital carriers became a necessity which is when we begin to see multiple flight decks (Confederation class) launch tubes (Bengal class) and aerterial insides for moving fighters around (Hakaga and Midway classes) incase the carrier takes damage and a flight deck is knocked out of commission.

You're preaching to the choir... but it's worth noting that the Concordia class ships have *two* catapults rather than one like the Victory...

Originally posted by Chameleon102
If we're talking about carriers that you serve on.....probably the Victory or the Bonnie Heather...you really get that feel of overworked and undermanned, that kind of Das Boot feel.
You associate "undermanned" with Das Boot? :)

(My 1st post.. w00t ^_^)

As to favorite capships, I'm going to have to go with the Midway. She's big, powerful looking, and well rendered. :D Going back, the Durango class from IV, the Behemoth from III, the Concordia from II, and the Claw were the best from game to game. I hated the Kilrathi Corvettes 'cause they were tough to kill (at least for me).

Welcome aboard pilot! The Midway is indeed a massive carrier, built to last and with the Plasma crystal, makes Midway an even more powerfull ship!

RFB

Personnaly, I like the Diligent class transport. Slow as hell, crap fpr armor and shields, ansd best of all, there's a giant bullseye painted on my rear end! Just what every pilot ever wanted!

Originally posted by RFBurns
Of course! They knew that some of the cats didnt have good vision, so they needed help! :D

RFB

roflmao, i never knew.. heh

Believe it or not, my favorite cap ship was the victory, it looked like a real carrier. I dunno the others just looked weird to me, but the Victory was pretty straightforeward and i liked it alot, long live the scrapped victory!!! may its spare parts do us all good!

It was neat going thru WCIII in the Victory, then in WCIV, to see it parked in orbit around a planet as a tourist attraction!! Nastalgic of sorts.

RFB

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Personnaly, I like the Diligent class transport. Slow as hell, crap fpr armor and shields, ansd best of all, there's a giant bullseye painted on my rear end! Just what every pilot ever wanted!

Err... you know, the Dilligent class appears for approximately two seconds in SM1... :)

[/B][/QUOTE]

roflmao, i never knew.. heh

Believe it or not, my favorite cap ship was the victory, it looked like a real carrier. I dunno the others just looked weird to me, but the Victory was pretty straightforeward and i liked it alot, long live the scrapped victory!!! may its spare parts do us all good! [/B][/QUOTE]

The Victory was scrapped? Or are you referring to another?

Back