Favorite CapShip in WC

I still love my Victory! I dunno why either, I just like the interior's dark, wet metal feel to it. I also have a love for the Destroyer designs through-out the series...

Originally posted by Supdon3
The Tiger's Claw is cool, but the Concordia is just this big regal carrier that just exudes power.

Oh yeah, and I like that smooth form of the Concordia. Even in WC 3 where Blair and Taggart found the wreckage near the mistral-coast she still looked majestic.

The Tigers Claw was the best WC ship I thought. It looked much more menacing than the streamlined Concordia and Box shaped Rangers. Even the Vesuvius was just an enlarged Ranger. But the Tigers Claw was the most unique carrier in the game. It's weapons weren't th best but it never killed me with wild shots like, Cerberus. The Tigers Claw was designed and built before the war with the Kilrathi had gotten so desperate, so it was built with both an interesting design as well as functional engineering. Pound for pound, I'll take the Tigers Claw design over any other ship in the game Think back, how cool was it to fly your Raptor into the Navpoint and see the Tigers Claw, oriented with it's bay toward you. The only thing I could think of was "I'm glad she's on my side!"

The one I like the best is the Tiger's Claw. Maybe because it's the first one !
I like the Concordia too.
The Midway is OK, but looks too "classical" for me.

All the Nephilim's big Cap Ships look terrific ! They have a pretty different design and they are frightening !

Concordia, Vesuvius, Cerberus, and Midway are my favorites.

Most favorite, is the Concordia and Tiger Claw from the WC movie.

RFB

I was never big on the Midway. It's just that the whole "Bigger is Better" thing never really worked with me. I'd be far more impressed with a tiny carrier able to carry 6 fighters that was really fast...something for border patrol or recon work.

They are all great... but, the Claw is so impresive, and she stands for the best of all WC crafts in my opinion... (I doubt... is it... good "english" ?)

VESUVIUS. All the coolness of the Ranger/Concordia class, but bigger. I'd love to see a SO fan mission with the Midway and the St. Helens slugging it out, each of their fighters embroiled in a massive melee...

LOAF'd know this. LOAF, which capship is more powerful? By that, I mean: What guns does the SO Vesuvius class have? What's the fighter complement of the Vesuvius, and the fighter complement of the Midway?

Other than the massive Vesuvius, I liked the small but deadly Cerberus. The Cerberus actually got close enough to the destroyer in the Ella Superbase brawl in one of my games to start slugging it out with each other. Surprisingly enough, the Cerberus killed the bridge. I wondered why it didn't attack capships more often. :)

Originally posted by Nep Parth
...which capship is more powerful? By that, I mean: What guns does the SO Vesuvius class have?
Big point of conjecture. Strictly speaking, the VESUVIUS-class is probably more _powerful_, as it mounts Heavy Ion cannon in addition to lasers, and also carries more fighters (see below). Throw the plasma gun onto the MIDWAY, though, and you balance it out a bit. MIDWAY is also slightly larger, and has a better fighter operations methodology (arterial system).

The important point is that they were built with different ideas in mind. The VESUVIUS-class is a carrier, plain and simple, built as a primary combattant. The MIDWAY is really leaning more toward an armed peacetime vessel, with exploration and research being important aspects.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
What's the fighter complement of the Vesuvius, and the fighter complement of the Midway?
VESUVIUS carries 400 to MIDWAY's 252.

My favorite Cap ships were all of the WC3/4 Confed ships. I think they looked the most "real"

The older ships i.e. Bengal and Concordia were kinda cool looking 'cept they had horrible paint jobs. I understand WHY they would have done that for the games, but still. They look so...so...green...

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
My favorite Cap ships were all of the WC3/4 Confed ships. I think they looked the most "real"

Yeah, I agree with you. The other ships looks like Staw Wars ships (I did´t say they are not cool). The Plunkket, for exemple, looks like a Nebulon B frigate.

Not really, but yes, there is a resemblance.

There's also the color changes from WC4 to WCP...frankly, the capships look quite a bit cooler.

I meant, Phoenix, a generic Vesuvius-class vs. a generic Midway-class.

Best CapShip

The Claw was the best without a doubt.

Next best was the Victory because it was the first one you could actually fly through (with or without afterburners on). I thought it was so cool I always did manual landings.

Vesuvius is far more powerful -- mounts more turrets, mounts anti-matter guns, carries far more fighters... is far more maneuverable.

Note that Midway *does* have heavy ions, for fighting other capital ships -- Rachel mentions them in the ICIS manual. They're just not simulated in the game...

Back