Fave Ship?

Favourite ship in WC3?

• Total voters
Missile loadout control was a great advantage. I prefer ImRecs over other missiles, although if I think that capships might be around and don't want to take a thud or longbow I would always put atleast one hard point full of DFs as two of them are almost as strong as a torpedo.

Thunderbolt. There's no way you can argue with those guns. They'll knock you flat every time, whether you happen to be a fighter or a capital ship. The fact that they have the same amount of missiles as a Hellcat plus a torpedo to boot is only icing on the cake.

HEY! How can you forget the true classics in your poll? I would take a good ole' Raptor over any you have listed in your poll. But that's just me...

Always good to have one more of these threads, because people get old, their reflexes get slower, their hearing less acute, and their fingers turn stiff. So we see the historical development at work...

And, well, counting on stiff fingers and slow reflexes, I now enjoy rides in the Longbow. Hey, who's the other guy voting for the Grand Marquis of Space Fighters? Fruitcake, on my wing!

I'd have to go with the Hellcat, since it has the speed and maneouverability and still has firepower, or, alternatively, the Excalibur for the added firepower (despite its lack os maneouverability).

While flying around in a nimble arrow is nice, it's rather pointless when all you're doing is nipping at your enemy while he takes out chunks :)

criticalmass said:
And, well, counting on stiff fingers and slow reflexes, I now enjoy rides in the Longbow. Hey, who's the other guy voting for the Grand Marquis of Space Fighters? Fruitcake, on my wing!

Hehe.

Well somewhat predictably most people go for the big guns... ;)

I can see your point in many ways. But in terms of modern (real world that is) fighters I've always been a big fan of the F-16. Fast, nimble and versitile. Top aesthetics (which means it looks good. my girlfriend would say "it looks pretty"..... yech!).

And I guess in my view the Arrow is the Confed version of th F-16 just as the Hellcat is the 26thC F-15.

The arrow is the most fun, definately. With that speed you can smoke anything. Especially with 4 hard-points. Just link-fire dumbfires (or was that WC4?) and you can toast most anything.

Drayman all the way. With its aerodynamic sleekness and superior firepower. Though I could never afford one in Privateer so I just went with the Centurion.

BenoitBrunet2 said:
The arrow is the most fun, definately. With that speed you can smoke anything. Especially with 4 hard-points. Just link-fire dumbfires (or was that WC4?) and you can toast most anything.

That's 4, you can't load dumbfires onto the arrow in WC3..

It's not quite fair to include the Excaliber in the poll, because it is quite superior to any other fighter. It has auto tracking, shelton slide (I think that's what it was called), plenty of hardpoints, very fast, very nimble, and it's inedible :D (i.e. it can take some hits).

Of the other fighter's I have to say the arrow is best. If you try and beat the game on nightmare level without replaying a mission, I think this is the essential choice. You can load more missiles than even the "heavier" Hellcat (8 total compared to 6). It's the most fast and agile: great for evading enemy fire. Probably best of all: THE SHELTON SLIDE!!! When you're playing nightmare, trying not to replay missions, you're ship is beat to hell, and you have several checkpoints still to go: hit burners, and shelton slide into and out of the checkpoints until you find which one(s) have your mission objective. Then move in, destroy target, afterburn, shelton slide, turn around and shoot at pursuing enemies and escape back to the Victory!!!!

Someone mentioned the torp on the Thunderbolt. Yes, this is handy, but you can beat any capship by using the arrow's evasiveness and putting LOTS of power to it's shields and attacking the capship only after enemy fighters have been dealt with (or down to 1 or 2 fighters if the capship will launch more). 1. Move in shoot it with lasers until your shields are depleting 2. turn around and fly away while darting around until shields repair: then repeat! Preferably do this after telling your wingman to "form on your wing" and "break and attack" when you both get lined up with the ship's ass. You should come out with "Not a Scratch" as Flash would say (although he won't form on your wing :D )

Back