Easter Egg

Why don't you just tell us if we can find it by pressing Tab on that screen... I'm tempted to have you say it, but I want to take a crack at it first.

Lynx said:
I think there's something in the right lower edge of the screen, whenever I rightclick through the locations it jumps there and shows the crosshair as if it's over something important for a second.
That's a mess up on my part - in early builds, we had a simulator hotspot hidden there, to test new ships without having to screw with the missions. We removed it when all ships had been completed.

Well since no else seems to have found it, just go to the hanger before the last mission and wait, be patient and you'll be treated to a nice easter egg.

No waiting necessary. If it involves clicking on a certain object, I think I've found it. That's pretty bizarre. :) I knew that screen had to have more to it than just being an extra room for only one mission...

Well, it started out as an extra room for just one mission... since we removed the ship selector screen from the Firekka (to allow choosing from three different ships rather than just 2), I figured we should remove it from the Lionheart too.

The easter egg was really Q's doing, so I don't know why he put it there... but I presume it was due to the lack of things to click on in the Lionheart's rec room. :p

Eder said:
Well, it started out as an extra room for just one mission... since we removed the ship selector screen from the Firekka (to allow choosing from three different ships rather than just 2), I figured we should remove it from the Lionheart too.

The easter egg was really Q's doing, so I don't know why he put it there... but I presume it was due to the lack of things to click on in the Lionheart's rec room. :p

I didn't think that suspected thing was an easter-egg, the only unusual thing was the different message. Might always add that sleek ship with french-flag wingmarks or would it be too much trouble to check if there are any Stilettos left?

-ASF

To the ship selector you mean? It'd be no trouble to add an extra ship, it just wouldn't make much sense to have the Stiletto in there. None of the missions where the ship selection appears are really patrol missions or interceptions.

Eder said:
To the ship selector you mean? It'd be no trouble to add an extra ship, it just wouldn't make much sense to have the Stiletto in there. None of the missions where the ship selection appears are really patrol missions or interceptions.

The Sabre pursuit IS an interception, isn't it?

-ASF

Eder said:
The easter egg was really Q's doing, so I don't know why he put it there...
In all his copious spare time? ;)

I thought it was a bit odd having a shuttle as the "Exit to Windows" 'hot-spot'. :)

Ah, I found it. Quarto, my friend, I think you need a vacation! :D It was entertaining, and it brought a smile to my face. But, even if I had to describe it to others, words would fail me... find it, it's worth your time.

A Standoff Fan said:
The Sabre pursuit IS an interception, isn't it?
Yes, but remember how M5 ended? Bradshaw had landing priority, then two Sabres landed... then Bradshaw rushes back to the flight deck - at this point, there's nothing serviceable on the Lionheart's deck apart from one Sabre and one Gladius.

Wedge009 said:
In all his copious spare time? ;)
Hey, movie/game references and easter eggs are things we'd delay a release for :p

Wedge009 said:
I thought it was a bit odd having a shuttle as the "Exit to Windows" 'hot-spot'.
Yes, I'm not sure why we put an exit hotspot in that room in the first place.

So, did you guys REALLY find it?? If so, I´ll give a cookie to the first that writes down where exactly the easter egg is. (non-staff people only, please)

Yes, I found it. Do I count as staff? Let me give a hint... A-tennnnn-SHUN! Do you want me to write it here or to PM you?

Well, if you found it out by yourself and not by hearing it from anyone in the staff, you are entitled for the cookie! :D

Post it here

Yes, I found it by myself once I heard there was something to find. So, It's time to spill the Easter Egg.

In the Sabre pursuit mission where you hunt down Sparrow, you enter the landing bay where you can either select the Sabre or the Gladius. You will notice a small group of Marines standing by the shuttle. I think they have just captured pirates or something like that. Well, click on these Marines, and you will find yourself greeted by a hearty pirate sea chanty, something about "the life of a pirate for me... somthing something something reference to the rolling sea." By the way, where the heck did you get that song, Q?

So, that's the Easter Egg. It gave me a chuckle. Go check it out.

Now, about that cookie.... :D

Go Atleticanos! (That one was for you, Starkey).

Congratulations, that´s the Easter Egg! Look for more in the upcoming episodes...

That song is a reference to The Secret of Monkey Island.... Ahh, those were good times!

Go Atleticanos ! ? !!!!!! Yay!! :D

Three cookies for you, Sphynx:

2652.jpg

(Where are you from? If you are not from Brazil, do you know what my sig stands for?)

Back