Dream Machine

Ijuin

Admiral
Since the 'Perfect Fighter' thread quickly got off target, I am starting a new one. The goal is to design your dream fighter, without using overkill stats such as ten thousand shields or twenty tachyon guns (although such stats may be appropriate for a capship--please specify if your ship is meant to be a light fighter, heavy fighter, bomber, light capship [frigate/destroyer], carrier, or heavy capship [cruiser/dreadnought]).

If you think that one of the existing ships is wonderful as it is, then what would be your design for the next model of that ship? If you love the Hellcat V, then what would be your design for the Hellcat VI? If you love the Rapier II, then how about the Rapier III?

Here are my revised entries:

Tanto Light Fighter
Max Speed: 520kps
Max Afterburner Speed: 1400kps
Max Acceleration:400k/s^2
Max Y/P/R turn rate: 90/80/100dps
Shields: 220
Armor front/rear/left/right: 120/120/80/80
Core Hit Points (damage the ship can take after all armor is gone): 100
Guns: Laser Cannon (6), Leech Cannon (2)
Gun Capacitor size/recharge rate: 500GJ/30GJ/s
Missiles: 4x2 medium (default 2IR/IR/2IR/2IR)
Decoys: 24
Autoslide: Yes
Jump: No

Notes: The Tanto is meant to outrun anything it can't outgun. It can go head to head with an Arrow or a Banshee and win, but needs to rely more on its speed and agility when faced with heavier opponents.

Katana Heavy Fighter
Max Speed: 460kps
Max Afterburner:1200kps
Max Acceleration: 300k/s^2
Max Y/P/R turn rate: 70/75/90dps
Shields: 400
Armor front/rear/left/right: 240/240/180/180
Core Hit Points: 200
Guns: Particle Cannon (4), Tachyon Cannon (2), Leech Cannon (2)
Cun Capacitor size/recharge rate: 1000GJ/80GJ/s
Missiles: 6x3 medium (default 3IR/3IR/3FF/3FF/3IR/3IR)
Bomber Loadout: 4x3 medium, 2x2 Valiant Light Torpedo(2LT/3IR/3FF/3FF/3IR/2LT)
Decoys: 32
Jump: Yes

Notes:
The Katana is meant mainly for going up against heavier ships. While the Vampire may have heavier guns with more speed and agility, the Katana can also be used in an anti-capship role. The Katana is meant as a supplement to the Excalibur with its heavier shields and missile loadout balancing its lighter guns and slightly lower speed--the Excalibur is superior in combat against fast fighters, but the Katana outshines it against slow and heavy opponents such as bombers and capships. It is also far cheaper than the Dragon, comparable to the Excalibur in production cost.

Ballista Heavy Bomber
Max Speed: 360kps
Max Afterburner Speed: 800kps
Max Acceleration: 200k/s^2
Max Y/P/R turn rate: 45/45/60
Shields: 600
Armor front/rear/left/right: 400/400/300/300
Core Hit Points: 300
Guns: Plasma Cannons (2), Leech Cannons (2), Laser Turrets (5--top/bottom/left/right/rear)
Gun Capacitor size/recharge: 800GJ/60GJ/s
Missiles: 4x4 medium (default 4IR/4FF/4FF/4IR), 2x2 Firestorm Hvy. Torp, 4x2 Valiant Lt. Torp.
Decoys: 40

Notes:
Slightly faster and more maneuverable than the Devestator, but with lighter guns (2 light plasma instead of 1 heavy plasma plus stormfire Mk.II), the Ballista's strength comes from being able to launch its torpedos in salvos as the Avenger is able to. This, coupled with the fact that the Ballista is the first heavy bomber to have autoslide, means that a capship's bridge and engines can often be taken down in a single pass. The Ballista is best suited for situations in which the Devestator is too slow to be effective, but it is still too slow to dogfight against fighters, and must rely on its missiles and turrets for anti-fighter defense.

Now, what are YOUR dream fighters?

Methinks one should only be allowed to post proposed "dream machines" to this thread if a screenshot or other representative graphic of said beast is also provided... Makes for a more visually interesting thread, no?...

Deathraven Hellcorvette
Max Speed: 1000kps
Max Afterburner Speed: 50000kps
Max Acceleration:2000k/s^2
Max Y/P/R turn rate: 20000/20000/20000dps
Shields: 5000
Armor front/rear/left/right: 500/500/500/500
Core Hit Points (damage the ship can take after all armor is gone): 5000
Guns: Tachyon Cannon (20), Leech Cannon (20)
Gun Capacitor size/recharge rate: 50000GJ/500GJ/s
Missiles: 20x5 medium (all TOP SECRET PIRANHA MISSILES CAPPED WITH STRATEGIC NUCLEAR WARHEADS)
Decoys: 1000
Cloak: Yes

Notes: The Deathraven Hellcorvette was designed and built by a TOP SECRET agency for the special needs of Grand Admiral Hardcore, based on his requirement that the fighters used by his men be able to destroy entire star systems by themselves. It is more manueverable and faster than the lightest fighters, and more heavily armed and defended than the heaviest battlecruisers. It requires a crew of 1, and can sustain its crew in Outer Space for more than 6 months, if necessary. They can also fly in an atmosphere, and function underwater, making them the best multi-purpose fighter in the Universe. Interesting notes about it's armement: The shield bounces all known weapons fire directly back at the assailant, but that's hardly necessary as the Deathraven can fire while cloaked.

deathraven.jpg

I have drawn a WC style fighter and want it to show it to you. But I have never posted a pic before here. How?:confused:

Obviously I figured now out how it works to implement pics...

Well, it's a scanning of a drawing so it doesn't look too good. It's my first attempt to draw something WCish, so don't judge too hard on it. :)

It's the Dagger fighter bomber.
Armament:
4 laser cannos
2 tachyon cannons
4 IFF missiles
4 IMREC missiles
2 torpedoes
Speed:
500 clicks/s max velocity
1150 clicks/s afterburner velocity
Shields:
Armor:
front:260
rear:200
left/rear:150
Core strength:

Shelby-GT-500.htm

For the road, I'll take the Shelby GT-500 ('68), although I prefer one with a medium metallic grey :p. Perfect example of an automobile blending a look of elegant curves and Detroit muscle! I will find something for the air in a little bit. Hope the pic comes out!

Well...that was discouraging. I can bring the pic up just fine on other computers and browsers, but not here! A shame, because it was a great pic.:(

Uh, you're linking to the HTML file which the picture is on, Wulf, not to the picture itself... which is what you should do.

--Eder

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Dralthi class Waffle Fighter

dralthiwaffles.jpg

Stats: Same as a regular Dralthi, only made of waffles.

CAG to his pilots during a briefing.

"Okay everyone listen up. We've got reports of a new type of Kilrathi ship out there. It is similar in design to the standard dralthi but is made entirely from waffles. If you should encounter these ships while on your missions, disable them, do not destroy them. Once they have been disable we will send out a ship to retrieve them and they will be served at mess at 0700 tomorrow morning.":p

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

dralthiwaffles.jpg

CAG to his pilots during a briefing.

"Okay everyone listen up. This is a new fighter design devoloped by the Kilrathi. We've had reports that some of them may be in the area. It is similar in design to the standard Dralthi but is made entirely from waffles. If you should encounter these ships while on your missions, disable them, do not destroy them. Once they have been disable we will send out a ship to retrieve them and they will be served at mess at 0700 tomorrow morning."

:p

This thread is fast becoming a demonstration of just how much everyone can screw something up.

Eheh... now what we just need to complete the picture, is Bob McDob screwing up quote tags... :)

Back