Delta prime problem

motti

Spaceman
I have been flying the mission to delta prime for Taylan or what her name is...

*spoilers*

I have found the derelict ship outside the asteroid field and landed, grabbed the gun, saved and left. After taking off, this probe attacked me (Seltek defender ?!) and I had to fight it but couldn't do any damge,so I considered fleeing.
Now, this probe followed me through all Gamma to Beta to the base in Ryasoandso. (It meanwhile destroyed a Kamekh and the Paradigm in the asteroid field of Gamma).
I landed and spoke with Tayla again and she gave me the money.

Have I corrupted the mission framework or can I go on? Is there anything else to do in the story, because I am left open?
Or should I play it again and do something differently?

You're doing everything right. The drone is currently invulnerable and following you. That is what is supposed to be happening. When you get tired of running, land on any mining base other than Rygannon and go to the bar.

EDIT: And avoid going to Jolson for the time being. That starts the Righteous Fire add on missions. You don't want to start them until after you blow up the drone and have all of the fun with your alien gun. It's a bug in the game that has been reported that the RF mission set can be started even before finishing the first plotline. You don't want that drone following you then.

--Brandon Young

ok, thanks.. I am currently at Perry and the drone is still following (it has vanquished a whole set of hunters and merchant up to now). I will go to a mining base and hope that will help. I have been to a base in Tingerhoff, but there is only this Destinee or something like it.

so, I have to destroy the drone? Any hints how?

Update: The drone is now gone and I don't know how it happened, somehow on the transition to Tingerhoff. Now, I don't know whether the original game is now over or what to do?!

Destinee starts the Remake-only plotline. I'm not sure if talking to her might have messed up the game or not.

If you can, you might restore from the saved game after getting the steltek gun. Go to Rygannon and get the last payment from Taryn Cross, then fly straight to Macabee in the Nexus system. It's the closest mining base to Rygannon. Visit the bar and you can talk to Sandra Goodin. She'll tell you where to go next to advance the plot.

--Brandon Young

thanks a lot.. I got it right this way :)

One last question: They didn't include the Privateer 2 storyline, did they?

Privateer 2 is a different game. It takes place in a completely separate area of space and a completely different character as well. The game makers would have to implement another whole complete game if they wanted to make Privateer 2.

--Brandon Young

BTW, the fact that the drone is blowing up everything in creation while it follows you around is also intended behavior. The idea is that you better land on a mining base other than Rygannon and do something about this things before you help destroy the entire sector.

I have now won the first campaign and where can I find Righteous Fire?

Another thing I noticed is that now the universe is rather sparsely populated, except that all the time kilrathi and pirates pop up, but only a few friends.
I had to fight 17 pirates and they even drowned the Paradigm in Blockade Tango Oo

I'd like to have more balanced missions and perhaps some KI friends who could challenge pirates or kilrathi (two dralthis blew up 5 Stilettos and a Broadsword). There is a major imbalance with the kilrathi being far too strong in comparison with Terran ships...

And I think 17 ships in a mission are a bit too much.. If it weren't for the steltek gun, I'd have been lost. And if you want to make the ships more comparable take into account that you should give the people the chance to take more wingmen with you. It is crappy to fight 17 kilrathi (as I did) and nearly got blown in a centurion...

Jolson is in XXX-1927. You go there to start the Righteous Fire campaign. If you want to be friends with any faction, kill their enemies. The Retros are an exception, they hate everyone else, so you can never be friends with them.

To be friends with pirates, you can kill merchants, militia, confed,mercs, or retros. I assume you don't want the cops on your back everywhere you go, so I recommend taking missions in Oxford to kill Retros.

--Brandon Young

thx, but I rather complain about the ridiculous random generator who one time gives me 17 enemies for 40000 credits and another time 17 enemies for 300000 credits :p

And btw 17 Dralthis are next to unbeatable with my little new Stiletto Oo I think there is bad balancing between kilrathi and confed ships (except you have a Steltek onboard :D), because three kilrathi Dralthis easily destroyed three broadswords...

note that 40k for 17 is very likely a bounty - "this ship has 16 ships defending it". i.e. you only have to ice one particular bandit to get your cred and then you can bug out.

17 for 300k sounds like a defend - "eliminate this wing" ie kill em all.

(or in the words of colonel halcyon, "no mistakes, cool and cruel.")

i still believe this is ridiculous, because I won't never ever be able to defeat all those ships Oo

Now, that I have installed the WCU extention it is even worse... Well, till this is the only point to complain about. It needs a lot of refinement (f.e. some wingmen so that all the fighters don't attack you all the time.) or it is sometimes unplayable Oo

motti: it is very possible to drop ~17 talons/dralthi/etc. you just may not be able to do it yet, especially if you're flying a stiletto. autotracking helps, so do fusion guns (one salvo of four fusions tends to take out almost any fighter), so do missiles, so does the shelton slide.

remember multiple opponent doctrine: keep them moving, keep them tripping over each other, keep them shooting each other, and when they're clumped up, you almost can't miss with shots.

also, there's nothing stopping you from 'burning out in the middle of the fight to repair/resupply, then coming back.

yes, perhaps its because I didn't play RF yet ;)

I am not afraid to run down 17 fighters (with my boosted steltek), I am more concerned about the original feel of Privateer. It is jpust unlikely that 17 pirates would appear all of the sudden from nowhere ;)
And it is also stupid to see that a few militia fighter are torn appart by the same amount of pirates, that's my whole point :)

Yes i understand i only have to ice 1 of the 11 mission drathli's cralling all over me (Not to mention the 3 non mission gothri's which just happened to be insystem and joined the fray) BUT HOW DO I TELL WHICH ONE!?

If you take a bounty mission, and go to the nav point where the bounty target is, your targeting computer automatically targets the bounty target when you get there. Lock that target in memory or don't switch targets until you destroy that one.

--Brandon Young

if you cheat and set your torpedos to 18000 damage each and give yourself 2000 per launcher you can take the drone out early.

Perry Naval base falls apart at this onslaught
Every refinery ive shot at with this setup still takes ages and ages to kill
mining bases also take quite a while.

Another cheesy way of completing the steltek drone mission and incidentally obtaining said drone as a cargo wingman is to tractor it in your capship (if you have one). This would also be easier if you have a cloaking device installed. This could even be done to the steltek fighter in Nitir. However, doing so might spoil your game.

mat_yarrow said:
Another cheesy way of completing the steltek drone mission and incidentally obtaining said drone as a cargo wingman is to tractor it in your capship (if you have one). This would also be easier if you have a cloaking device installed. This could even be done to the steltek fighter in Nitir. However, doing so might spoil your game.

Can you have a Capship at that point in the game?

Back