Curious... I wonder where that comes from...

Metras

Spaceman
I've always wondered why warp gates were always so close to astro-phenomenom... (any space stuff)... and so few just alone without being a few dozen thousand clicks away from a star or something :/

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

In Secret Ops the gate had to be that close because if was pulling energy from the dual stars in the system. If it wasn't destroyed at the end it would have become permanent IIRC
smile.gif

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
u talking bout the ones the bugs use?
if so i believe it was stated that they draw energy from the stars

No wonder I missed it...
I can't get that darn Registration Code from the Registration Server!
*sighs*

Yes, I am aware they stopped the Secret Ops Project, but apparently the server is still suppose to be active...

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Yes, that was the point. If it wasnt destroyed then and there, it would have enough power to stay open for several Millenia.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

i'd share my reg code and all but i think its illeagal to do so
also u would need to go by my name :p
i saw on some page a thing that u typed in a challsign hit enter and it gave the reg code if that was a registered name
but that was awhile back

Ugh... !
And the graphics seemed pretty decent too!
Not to mention the 14 hour download period!!!
frown.gif

------------------

lol... BTW..
How many extra missions did they make for Special Ops? The site has removed the missions.
(I hope I didn't miss any substantial storyline of anything)...

------------------

There were 7 episodes for SO, about 56 mission. The main download included the first episode which was 6 mission. I've heard that towards the end when you download the whole thing all the episodes were also included so if you downloaded it right before the end of the free offer you should probably get all the missions.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Well... that is of no loss, I can find it somewhere.

But the REGISTRATION CODE, THE CODE!

>:/

------------------

True you can find them on the net, but it wouldn't be legal. To everybody who wants SO. YOU HAVE TO BUY PROPHECY GOLD TO GET IT

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

And we wouldnt want to screw over the good folks at origin, would we? (Unless of course they dont make another WC)

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Yeah, otherwise earthworm will have to go and burrow holes below your lawn, and when you come out of your house the lawn will collapse and you'll be stuck in a hole... And you'll think "Why, Oh Why didn't I but Prophecy Gold!!!" And Earthworm will just sit there in the soil laughing
smile.gif

TC

------------------

Yeah I worn you, I've been known to do that!
smile.gif
wink.gif

------------------

Oh we all know that, Earthworms are known to be very vicious animals...

TC

------------------

I had a pet earthworm once...seriously...I name him Jim (yes after the game character). This was in '95 or '94 I believe. My science teacher was giving them away because she had nothing else to experiment with them in. I think Jim lived about a month or so and croaked.....probably cause I didn't know what to feed him or when to change his dirt....
smile.gif

------------------
WiLDD KaRDD

UBW-5th Fleet-Black Ops

WiLDD KaRDD's quote of the day...
"Who's more foolish...the fool, or the one who follows the fool?"-Obi Wan Kenobi

One of the guys that helped design that game came from my town. Unfortunatly he was killed in a sking accident shortly after the reliece.

IIRC, in the last mission of SO your not suposed to destroy the wormhole. Your just suposede to knock out the dreadnought. If you do destroy the wormhole the mission if a failure.

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.
Gunner mostly goes to sleep at eleven...mostly.:)

*mumbles to self*
Have to buy Prophecy Gold?!?!?
BUT I HAVE PROPHECY ALREADY!!
Argh.....
redface.gif

Oh... that is incredibly annoying!!!

Life is so fair, isn't it?

------------------

Back