Confed pilot suits

Mad Hatter

Spaceman
One of the threads caused me to raise this question:
What Confed pilot suits did you like the best or hate the most, including the one from the movie?

Personally, I liked the one from WC1 the best, you know the one with the blue flight suit and the leather coat, it was the coolest to my taste. I really liked the coat.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually... That has been a poll... so here are the results
smile.gif

Which game has your favorite uniforms?

Wing Commander 65 4.08 %
Wing Commander 112 7.02 %
Wing Commander 3 199 12.48 %
Wing Commander 4 490 30.72 %
Wing Commander Prophecy 298 18.68 %
Privateer (Leather Jacket) 133 8.34 %
Privateer 2 (Trenchcoat) 298 18.68 %

I personally think all the polls are a bit messed up because not enough people have played the first few WC games... but that's just my opinion.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

[This message has been edited by TC (edited May 19, 2000).]

But than P1/P2 don't count, and WC4 probably doesn't either. WC4 probably got most of the votes because of the BW uniforms, which are indeed cooler than Confed ones.

[Arcturus Mengsk] I don't think you understand. [/Arcturus Mengsk]

TC is simply saying that WC 1 and 2 had no chance, because so many people knew nothing about them. He's not saying that they shouldn't be on the poll.

Exactly... a large amount of the WC audience that is active on the net today have played only WC:p and SO... and the number that are active in the group that have played each of the games grows smaller by age... So WC1 and 2 have very little chance in any of the polls (I almost always vote for WC2 when I do vote
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Quarto said:
TC is simply saying that WC 1 and 2 had no chance, because so many people knew nothing about them. He's not saying that they shouldn't be on the poll.
Neither am I...... or anyone else, so what's your point.

I go back as far as Wing Commander II, but I still thought the WCIV was the best and has the best uniforms.

------------------
And I was stupid enough to think that us brotha's had to stick togetha. :p

Jeez, Earthworm's touchy today
smile.gif
. I only said that to make sure you understood what TC said, because you made it clear that you didn't understand
smile.gif

I think when the poll was originally up, some evil force in my head made me vote for WC1. But now - having just recently replayed both WC1 and 2 - I most strenously would have to say that WC2 uniforms are the best. As for WC4... I can't even remember what they looked like - which I most certainly would, if I thought they were any good
smile.gif

Since in the poll, you can`t explain what you liked about the suits, or discuss anything about them, it`s not that relevent.
There have been a lot of polls about WC weapons and fighters, and yet the subject of weapons comes up almost every other thread (and if not, it certainly develops into a discussion about them.
wink.gif
).

So, basically, what I wanted to know is what you liked or disliked about them.

Hmm... well, WC2 uniforms are... er... blue. I like blue
smile.gif
. And they're not that obnoxious, way-too-bright shade of blue that WC 3 has, either. Also, WC2 has really great looking ceremonial uniforms (you know, the ones with the white collars). Come to think of it, that's the only game where there is a ceremonial uniform shown.

anyone here noticed that the UBW uniforms are the same as the Confed uniforms in WCIII?

it's seems that pilots where some kinda jumpsuit in wartime so they can be in the air faster, and a nice fancy uniform in piecetime whit on the ground/base/carrier...

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Dislikes...hmm you don't make this easy do you? And I though three-letter answers were good enough...heh.

WC1 pilot uniforms were, frankly rather drab, while they were very functional and pilot merits were very visible, I just din't care for the jacket color. Was it leather? Anyway, WC2 was brilliant looking, the whites and blues with nice recognisable ranks and how clean they looked...it's an officer made into a uniform.
biggrin.gif

WC3 was just too bright-looked like dirt would show easily, and what's up with those ranks?
WC4 had decent Confed uniforms-a certain robust quality was about them, the UBW uniforms were ok but I guess not too flashy is perfectly fitting for the BW.
Prophecy was certainly not my favorite. The flight gear looked nice, but those uniforms were flimsy looking, the fleet officers uniforms didn't look like they could fit anyone wearing them from the looks of them.
Privateer...well I don't have any real big grips about them because uniforms weren't really part of the game I remember.

Quarto said:
Jeez, Earthworm's touchy today
smile.gif
. I only said that to make sure you understood what TC said, because you made it clear that you didn't understand
smile.gif
Nope, it seems you didn't get my post.
smile.gif

Definately WC2. Those uniforms just ruled. I would like to see a real version of them.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Upon further inspection, I would have to agree that WC2 suits look better than WC1, although may be a bit too colorful. And they still have those leather jackets I liked so much in WC1.

WC3 flight suits were ugly in my taste, although they looked more like modern day flight suits (except for the disgusting color).

Ah, good. Mad Hatter has joined the Dark Side.
smile.gif
He's one of us now.

Back