Captain Sansky

Originally posted by Wedge009
It's quite possible to have blood from your head all over your face and survive.
Yes, but had he survived, he'd still be around, therefore we can safely conclude that he died, not survived, not dissappeared; died.

OK, one last try: If, in a motion picture context, someone recieves an injury which appears serious during a battle, and then is no longer seen thereafter, it is safe, even wise, to assume that said person has perished.

Originally posted by Dak
I'm still wondering what happens to the agents at the start of the Twin Peaks movie...

Poor Chris Issac was whisked away by Bob after finding the ring under Harry Dean Stanton's trailer park. The ring has some connection to the green formica table seen in the Black Cabin, where the arm is sitting and I think Bob was moving through the telephone and power lines. It's hinted on the soundtrack, on the song "A Real Indication".

You'll get a chance to be confused all over again: "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" hits DVD in December, along with 55 minutes of cut footage and commentary by David Lynch. Shortly after that, "Twin Peaks: Season 1" hits stands.

Originally posted by Frosty
OK, one last try: If, in a motion picture context, someone recieves an injury which appears serious during a battle, and then is no longer seen thereafter, it is safe, even wise, to assume that said person has perished.

Well, in this case he actually was just injured and put out of action... but it's a good bet that when you see someone injured, they've disappeared because of that injury.

Thanks for clearing that up LeHah... I think...

Has anybody considered that there may have been scenes which did clear up the Sansky situation, but they got dropped for whatever reason (time restraint, messed up the story flow, just plain rubbish...)? Whatever the reason, I don't this sort of discussion was considered when the film was made.

Test audiences found the elaborate traitor subplot too confusing, since it relied on people recognizing Admiral Wilson 40 minutes after he last appeared in the intro.

The removal of the plot was probably for the best, given how stupid peoples reactions to the dumbed down movie (WHY DO THEY ARE HAVING SPACESHIPS IN SPACE??? I WILL RIP YUOR ASS OFF!!!!!)

Yes, but they could have at least made a decent death scene for poor ol' Sansky. That would've made things a tad bit more understandable.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Well, in this case he actually was just injured and put out of action... but it's a good bet that when you see someone injured, they've disappeared because of that injury.

Das' called being put on "injured reserve"

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
Yes, but they could have at least made a decent death scene for poor ol' Sansky. That would've made things a tad bit more understandable.

No, they couldn't have, since he didn't die -- he was supposed to show up later and turn out to be a traitor. They cut all that in post production.

And yet, he died my self-administered lethal injection in the novel. You sure they just didn't film it, then throw it in the can? :confused:

But... we just *said* that that's what happened.

They filmed the movie based on the script, in which he turns out to be a traitor. At one point in the movie (and the script) he's wounded and sent to sickbay.

In the final cut of the movie, they simply removed all the footage after he was wounded.

Back