Captain Sansky

Sandman

Spaceman
Hey people,

I just have a quick question. I was going over a WC timeline on another site and I saw that it listed Captain Sansky from the WC movie (or Inspector Poirot as I like to call him) as a traitor, as well as the base commander in charge of the NavCom A.I. that gets destroyed at the beginning of the movie. I've watched the movie many times and all I see is Sansky getting killed during a battle, but I never saw him or the base commander doing anything particularly treacherous. Can someone enlighten me as to what his betrayal consisted of?

Thanks,
Sandman

It was erased from the movie, but appears in the WCM novel.IIRC he sent the Tiger´s Claw position to the Kilrathi and some other info to Adm. Wilson, Adm. Wilson gave the NAVCOM to the Kilrathi (preventing the autodestruct of the NAVCOM)and some info, both were Pilgrims or *Pilgrims fans* :)

edit-typo

Since I don't have the novel of WCM, Sansky and Wilson being treacherous just doesn't make sense.

if these guys were Pilgrims, how did they attain such a high rank in the Confederation? I'm assuming that at this point, Confed-Pilgrim relations weren't at their highest (as illustrated by Gerald's crappy attitude towards Blair). I think it's a bit unrealistic for them to get by almost completely undetected...On a secondary note, I also wanted to ask how Taggart went from betraying the Confed in one of the WC movie novels, to being on your wing in WC1 and Blair's good buddy in the later games. This guy's been all over the place....Maybe it's just that the movie continuity and the games were not meant to coincide or something. Anyways, anyone who can help me clear this up, please do:)

It was erased from the movie, but appears in the WCM novel.IIRC he sent the Tiger´s Claw position to the Kilrathi and some other info to Adm. Wilson, Adm. Wilson gave the NAVCOM to the Kilrathi (preventing the autodestruct of the NAVCOM)and some info, both were Pilgrims or *Pilgrims fans*

The Pilgrim War was long over by then and the Pilgrims themselves were a reletively peaceful people, except for dissenants and extremeists like Aristee in "Pilgrim Stars".

Not to mention, both Sanski and Wilson rose in ConFleet's ranks by working at it. Admittedly, Sanski was only a "Pilgrim sympathiser" but it was enough.

Peter Telep was gonna explain how Taggart made good with Confed in the follow-up to "Pilgrim Stars", which was called "Pilgrim Truth". I think we're still working on getting it released.

It wouldn`t be the first incosistancy, sandman, and definitly not the worst so I wouldn`t bother trying to understand it.
Personally, I don`t particullarly like the "Pilgrim subplot". It`s not something that I`d like to see in a movie that`s supposed to represent the WC universe. If it had been made a TV series, than I suppose I could live with an episode or two about Pilgrims.

That`s why I think it`s good they took it out of the movie. However, they did a pretty crappy job in removing it from the movie.
Captain Sansky wasn`t supposed to die from that hit to the head. It was just a nasty concussion as far as I could see, and he was still alive after the torpedo hit.
All of a sudden Gerald is in command, and Sansky is no-more.
Not very convincing, to say the least...

How did Wilson and Sansky get where they are? They're both distinguished commanders -- both fought *against* the Pilgrim Alliance (Wilson earned honors as a battleship commander during that conflict -- Sansky won the Senatorial Star for his actions in the Kilrathi war, during the Epsilon Initiative.) Being doesn't necessarily make you sympathize with the actions of the militaristic Pilgrim Alliance during the war (much like how being a Muslim doesn't make you a terrorist). Their problems with Confed presumably arose later, when they became disenchanted with the current treatment of Pilgrims.

As for Paladin -- my bet is that he was *ordered* to steal the Olympus. Part of the whole Gregarov/Tolwyn conspiracy bit...

Captain Sansky just doesn't seem to be the same person in the movie does he. Everyone has given good examples of what he did in the games story line, but the big change in the movie kind of throws things out of perspective doesn't it.

Don't know what you're trying to say.

But when I saw the movie, I didn't know Sansky was supposed to be a Pilgrim sympathisiser. I thought he was stopping Gerald from picking on Blair purely for non-discriminatory reasons.

And why should you have known? I surely didn't. Hell, I thought he died when he suddenly disappeared halfway through the movie!

He doesn't suddenly disappear -- you see him injured during one of the attacks, and Gerald yells "Medic!".

Which made me think that he had only been injured... and I don't recall seeing him again after that. I suppose one might guess he didn't recover from the attack, or had to stay in sickbay for a long time.

Instead of being in the book and giving himself a leathal injection to prevent capture after assissting Wilson in delaying the Tiger's Claw to help the Kilrathi.

Sadly, the Wing Commander movie assumed that its audience was smart enough to make logical conclusions.

Things like the connection between "the autoloaders are damaged" and people loading the torpedoes by hand seem to confound just abound everyone.

Originally posted by Dralthi5

And then he disappears after that.

I'm sure loads of infirmiry shots would have made the movie so much better;)

Seriously, it can be seriously annoying not to know what actually happens to a character, I'm still wondering what happens to the agents at the start of the Twin Peaks movie...

Loads of people wonder about the twin peaks movie in general. Like why it exists.

Seriously, Loaf is right, I mean either someone cracked an egg filled with blood on his head or he DIED. Watch the movie again; you'll see.

Especially when it's coming from a hole right at the top of your head. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Well, I've only seen it a couple of times, and I don't recall the injuries being that serious. I really must watch it again sometime.

Back