Bring a WC wingman to SQ42

Mindcrime

Commodore
If you could pick any wingman from any Wing Commander game and put them in SQ42 as a wingman option who would you pick?

I have a tough time choosing between pre evil Hobbes, Maniac, and Vagabond.

I always liked flying with vagabond in WC3 and 4. Otherwise I would pick Hobbes.

I forgot which wingman on wc4 eric wingman Peterson voiced. Was it primate? Whoever that was kicked some major ass lol. I used him on the second half of my last playthrough of wc4 and he was too good honestly. By the time i engaged my target he was already wiping out cap ships lol.

I didn't think of blair as a choice lol. More HIS wingmen. But fair choice my friend. Good news. (Sorta) old man blair IS going to be ur wingman in a lot of SQ42 it seems. : )

Awwwww man. Flint was my least favorite lol. She just came off as a bitch to me for some reason. Always chose Rachel ; ).
Plus my wifes name is Rachel lol

That's interesting, I always thought Flint could be quite warm and lovely at times. Definitely opinionated, but smart, beautiful too. I always chose her.

Don't get me wrong, Rachel was gorgeous, I just think in real life I'd have more in common with Flint.

Blair was damned lucky to have his pick :)

Also, in response to the original question, I'd love to have Francois Chau (Vagabond) for S42, he'd have to be called 'Chang' too, as he's played this name in four different productions now (Lost, Chuck, 21 and over and of course Wing Commander)

That's interesting, I always thought Flint could be quite warm and lovely at times. Definitely opinionated, but smart, beautiful too. I always chose her.

Don't get me wrong, Rachel was gorgeous, I just think in real life I'd have more in common with Flint.

Blair was damned lucky to have his pick :)

Yup. Chris was smart to throw in these two very different and hot chicks to pick in WC3. I did pick Flint once but I instantly felt like it was all wrong lol.

Yup. Chris was smart to throw in these two very different and hot chicks to pick in WC3. I did pick Flint once but I instantly felt like it was all wrong lol.

Haha, in the novel, Blair agrees with you and picks Rachel; then Flint dies on the Kilrah run anyway.

The first time I played I couldn't believe it, I picked Flint, made Rachel angry and lost her help, then made Flint angry by not choosing her as my wingman...so to keep her happy, took her to Kilrah and she freaking got killed. So in the end, went back to Earth in the shuttle alone and ended up empty handed. Damn.

It was a very smart thing to do indeed - for a (mostly) teenage audience, choosing between two women who both wanted you, must have felt like the ultimate pinnacle of interactive narrative back in 1994. In truth, of course, it was rather tawdry and tacky, because it makes little sense narratively - it really was just a gimmick to promote interactive narrative :). I ultimately turned down both women - my Blair is not interested in finding a cheap replacement for Angel so quickly after learning of her death.

Haha, in the novel, Blair agrees with you and picks Rachel; then Flint dies on the Kilrah run anyway.

The first time I played I couldn't believe it, I picked Flint, made Rachel angry and lost her help, then made Flint angry by not choosing her as my wingman...so to keep her happy, took her to Kilrah and she freaking got killed. So in the end, went back to Earth in the shuttle alone and ended up empty handed. Damn.

Lol. Girl trouble. ; )

Back