Bloodfang? Please?

Andropolos

Spaceman
Once again, after seeing all the ships, I remembered which was my most favorite kilrathi fighter hands down...

Yep, you guessed it the Bloodfang, I ... remember when I first saw it, it looked like ... a pushed down tie figther with "hands" that each of them spew fire...

I realise that there are so many other things left to be done, but it would do me hella good if I could shoot down my fave enemy once more, "in glorious 3d"(TM)

The Bloodfang's a complicated case, just like the Wraith. They are two ships which I'd love to include in the project, but there are two problems:
1) I wouldn't be able to use them at all in any campaign missions, since the Wraith is probably still a prototype, and the Bloodfang... well, I don't think we're even sure that Thrakhath's model wasn't a one-of-a-kind ship
2) I could include them as simulator only ships, but first, it'd be too much work to make two new ships and only use them in the simulator, and second, we only have one simulator slot left, so the Bloodfang and Wraith would have to flip for it :p

Anyway, we still do have a simulator slot left, which if at all possible, will be filled by the Wraith (It'd be kinda cool to have human ships in all 14 slots... having 13 human ships and one Kilrathi ship would probably seem weird, specially because the Wraith would be the *only* WC1/2 Confed ship left out).

If I can't spare the time to work on either of these ships, the extra flyable slot will probably go to either the Hermes, the Errant, or maybe even the Venture. Among these three, my favorite is the Errant.

If you did the bloodfang, which one would you do? After all, Thrakhath had his own fighter in WC2, which I assume was a bloodfang? He also had his own ship in WC3.

Perhaps, in addidion to Standoff, there should be a WC Academy-type game done in the standoff engine.

overmortal said:
If you did the bloodfang, which one would you do?
The WC2 version, definitely.
overmortal said:
Perhaps, in addidion to Standoff, there should be a WC Academy-type game done in the standoff engine.
There's not much we can do about that, though... it'd be great if we could use Standoff's ships in a make-your-own-missions type of game, but we don't have a game like that to put our ships in (nor the ability to implement a user-friendly mission creator inside the WCP engine).

Eder said:
There's not much we can do about that, though... it'd be great if we could use Standoff's ships in a make-your-own-missions type of game, but we don't have a game like that to put our ships in (nor the ability to implement a user-friendly mission creator inside the WCP engine).
Well, I suppose you could take screenshots of the Standoff models, convert them to WC2 sprite files, and release a Standoff mod for Academy. Of course, the pointlessness of such a release is so total that it baffles the mind... :p

Pointlessness, eh? . . . yes, that is pointless . . . so pointless that it just . . might . . work . . . THAT'S IT!

well, wc2 bloodfang is my favorite too.

Point of matter is this...

All things considered, well, the Errant gets my vote too. (we are humans after all... :) )

Just that, well, with the models available, Bloodfang can really be the icing on the cake. Could "adjustments" be made on the simulator for us to use MORE of the ships in there?

Another thing is that, well, there is yet hope for more and other games using the models you made (which are the best models I have seen for WC, hands down!) ...

I am gazing at a crystal ball in the future and I see...

WC in starshatter, and WC in Freespace 2 Open...

Possibilities are there, they exist, we all exist, we know what we want, and time allowances aside, we will get there in the end.

Eder, you could be the one to create all the building blocks for the rest of universe to begin building with... and that is no small a feat.

Andropolos said:
Just that, well, with the models available, Bloodfang can really be the icing on the cake. Could "adjustments" be made on the simulator for us to use MORE of the ships in there?
I doubt it. HCl could probably work something out if he had the time, but as it is now, he's too busy to experiment with even simpler things. :(

Andropolos said:
Another thing is that, well, there is yet hope for more and other games using the models you made (which are the best models I have seen for WC, hands down!) ...
Well, thank you :D

Andropolos said:
I am gazing at a crystal ball in the future and I see...

WC in starshatter, and WC in Freespace 2 Open...

Possibilities are there, they exist, we all exist, we know what we want, and time allowances aside, we will get there in the end.
Time allowances are a big factor here. I can only speak for myself... and I won't have time to get involved in another project in such a major way anytime in the foreseeable future. Of course, if someone comes up to me with a great project which is just lacking WC1/2 ships, I would probably consider letting them use Standoff's ships, and even make a new one or two (since we're really not that short of filling the whole WC1-2 era).

Andropolos said:
Eder, you could be the one to create all the building blocks for the rest of universe to begin building with... and that is no small a feat.
That'd be great indeed, and I'd sure love to take credit for that :D However, like I said, someone else would have to come up with a project, since I won't have this much free time anymore... and of course, these people would have to convince me that they're worth helping... I won't go around distributing an entire collection of WC1/2 models just for the heck of it.

What might be nice, just for old times might be to have a bonus mission where you dogfight Thrakhath - he could fly a bloodfang, and we could take the comms from WC2 or WC3. maybe after you beat the game - just throw in an unrealated bonus mission. It would be so simple to program, I could probably do it with the little knowledge I have. The problem is we'd need to make it a challenge somehow, which would require fooling with Thrakhath's AI, and last time I checked we don't know much about that.

ooh . . how about a completely separate mod called "Wing Commander Melee", where you choose your ship, and choose your opponent (as in, choose between Thrakhath, a few other kilrathi aces, Flash, Maniac, blah blah). Admittedly, that would be kinda like Wing Commander Academy, but, still, that would be really cool. Like, you would also get to choose your opponents ship. Or, perhaps have a gauntlet type situation where you face your opponents one after the other. Thrakhath, then Kur, then Rakti, then Flash, then Baktosh, then Doomsday, then etc etc.

Doh!

<take 2>

Bloodfang!
:D

Attachments

• Bloodfang.jpg
    Bloodfang.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 119
Back