Blair in WC: Prophecy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't one of the administrators or moderators have a WC "bible" that was made during the creation of the WC universe by the developers? Maybe that has something in it about Blair's end.

This was interesting to debate in 1998, but right now it's a little bit old. Anyway.

A big bug (Warlord Nephilim, if you want) falls into Blair. Blair apparently fires his weapon.

The gate collapses. Apparently, one of the towers gets through it as it does so. Some people say it does, some say it doesn't. I think it doesn't, but take a look at the game using HC1's WC Movie Viewer and take your own conclusions.

They search for Blair, but nothing is ever found. Confed holds a symbolic funeral for him.

It's anything but clear, and it's that way by design. He disappeared in a mythical way so it's not "impossible" for him to get back, just very unlikely. A number of things could've happen, and the odds are against him. But the possibility that he somehow managed to survive can't be ruled out, and it's supposed to be this way.

Perhaps Origin didn't know what to do with Blair once a new player character was in place. Giving Blair a desk job or non-flying position wasn?t seen as a good thing for such a character.

It's not a bad way to go. It's pretty clear that he's not likely to come back, but there's always that little "what if" around.

Blair?s redemption was on WC4. WCP was supposed to be about Casey.

Iceblade said:
Didn't one of the administrators or moderators have a WC "bible" that was made during the creation of the WC universe by the developers? Maybe that has something in it about Blair's end.

The famed WC Bible is WC2 era only.

it made sence to me........at the time, but then i was wasted......odd.

anyway, basic fact is being a fictional peice it cant be ruled out he lived, after all its only a game not the real world.

no matter how much some of use would like it to be

Lord_Nathrakh said:
anyway, basic fact is being a fictional peice it cant be ruled out he lived, after all its only a game not the real world.
Yeah, but it can...

...because it's a fictional piece.

Frosty said:
Wondering if he somehow survived the wreck is for characters within the universe.

I can't say that I agree with that. Writers often intentionally make their audiences draw their own conclusions.

BTW, what I meant was:

The gate collapses. Apparently, one of the towers gets through it as it does so. Some people say it does, some say it doesn't. I think it does, but take a look at the game using HC1's WC Movie Viewer and take your own conclusions.

WildWeasel said:
I can't say that I agree with that. Writers often intentionally make their audiences draw their own conclusions.
That's true, but WC gives us the answers more often than not, in situations like this. Until some additional element like a new game comes along and declares him to be alive, it's a pretty safe bet that he isn't.
Delance said:
The gate collapses. Apparently, one of the towers gets through it as it does so. Some people say it does, some say it doesn't.
I have never seen this, and I've looked. Grab a screenshot and point to it, because I'm obviously looking in the wrong place.

Lord_Nathrakh said:
stranger things have happend. after all we cant be sure about blairs death didnt see him die.
We didn't see Hitler die either but he hasn't invaded Poland lately.

Frosty said:
That's true, but WC gives us the answers more often than not, in situations like this. Until some additional element like a new game comes along and declares him to be alive, it's a pretty safe bet that he isn't.I have never seen this, and I've looked. Grab a screenshot and point to it, because I'm obviously looking in the wrong place.

I think someone took multiple screenshots and pointed things out. One of the towers... Go inside the gate... And disapears. Apparently.

but is the tower that supposedly goes into the gate (i've never seen it) the one that blair was in?

Aries said:
but is the tower that supposedly goes into the gate (i've never seen it) the one that blair was in?

i think the point is that we dont know, so there is that little uncertainty, so that if they want blair back at some point, they can have him. Its basically a cop out so that they can bring 'im back if they want.

Napoleon said:
i think the point is that we dont know, so there is that little uncertainty, so that if they want blair back at some point, they can have him. Its basically a cop out so that they can bring 'im back if they want.

Yepers

Aries said:

It could be. The concept is that you can't rule it out. The bug could've eaten Blair, too.

IPhoenixI said:
Or Cliff Hanger

I would expect a "cliff hanger" to have more of a clear cut ending. I mean, either they fall or they are rescued. The trap door doesn't need a resolution, he could be dead, or could return whenever it is deemed fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back