Any ideas for the CCG

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There's actually some more Homarids in one of the later expansions... I need to go buy those somewhere.

Wait a second, there are expansions for the WCCG. Where???
I mean, I just heard of the starting set and that it is definitely impossible to get one of those in Austria, but an expansion???

No, we're talking about Magic. There are no Homarids in the WC:CCG.

An expansion was planned, though, with gray 'colony' cards...

Nothing much was done.. Chris scanned a lot of the cards and they were used for CotD (Card of the Day) back at the end of 1998/beginning of 1999. Then Jetlag offered to do programming to make the game but then he disappeared and nothing more happened. I believe he was gonna use Visual C++ rather than Java though.

Java isnt that hard to code...it's not like it's Cold Fussion or something ::rolls eyes:: ...I'm sure we can find someone to make the correct Java script for a game...Heck, I have java to turn a webpage into a Windows 98 desktop...

I think there was an intro movie, then a bigger better version of the same intro movie with a couple more things in it.

TC

If anyone ever makes a CCG game, it definitely won't be done in JavaScript. That's just as silly a notion as using Cold Fusion. Java or C++, that's what it would be written in.

Er, sorry, the term "JavaScript" sliped out. I meant Java unto it's self...

Oh, I see. I guess "Heck, I have java to turn a webpage into a Windows 98 desktop..." slipped out too then? <G> Or were you talking about a genuine applet? Still, a multiplayer game based on rules and turns, and utterly fÖxxing up the web browser to the point where you'd like to strangle somebody are very different things.

Your point is well seen.

I resciend my arguement, good sir.

::mumbles something about Phantom Fighters and Bio-Weapons as he walks away::

Javascript is definitely not impossible. I did some stuff with script that would probably have you wondering. Just 2 main problems:

* Cheating.

* Either need a CGI server or only have it PBEM (play per e-mail).

Sides that it is only quite some work. Especially if you want a rule check and even worse of you want a 1 player mode with an AI.

Personally I'd go for JAVA (not C++). It is probably the language to do it fastest given all the APIs. I don't even remotely have the time to do it at the moment however.
And to be quite honest I don't think somebody will do it freeware at all.

Not talking about the need of at least 1 dedicated server if you want to do this for real...

Of course, it has to be multiplayer... I'm not entirely familiar with the CCG rules, but I'm pretty sure you can't see the other player's cards. So it has to run on seperate machines. For regular multiplayer Java would be a good choice of language. JS Certainly isn't worth the effort, if you have to exchange the information via e-mail or dedicated server (you'll need one to begin with, and there could be a significant server load). Just need a programmer who's willing and able to invest time and effort. And there aren't any.

But why would you need a dedicated server if you're doing it in a real language? Just have one player start the game, and the other join, like any other multiplayer game.

Back