another dang bug

Jdawg

Commodore
im playing wc1 so1 and im at the part with the enemy rapiers and now matter what spirit is KIA even when she did not die I even sent her home numerous times. am I doing something wrong or does this glitch happen a lot

I ran the file thru dos box and I looked at the saved game file and it said she was active but when I load the actul game she is still KIA

got it fixed but now have one more question, does this patch stop my wingmen from dying moving forward, or is it just for that one mission?

got it fixed but now have one more question, does this patch stop my wingmen from dying moving forward, or is it just for that one mission?
It fixes an overflow generated by the WC1 transfer program. Once the fix is applied to a SM1 or 2 save then you are safe to play the rest of the way without more trouble.

Haven't seen the same issue with trans2.exe so you should be good.

wish could say that was true spirit just died for no reason at the end of the first 6 missions of sm2 is there a way to fix that

ive tried using the editor but my save game file is not in the list bc SM2 had a different exe

its funny spirit flies back with me to the tiger claw tham rams another raptor and dies everytime, can anyone help me. I ran the editor but it does not show my sm2 save files.

I found another player having the same problem here is the thread.

https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/wc1-wingmen.17444/

Like I said im trying to use editor like before but I dont see my saved files for sm2. anyone got any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
Appears I was incorrect about needing to run the patcher twice.

Double posted since your threads are wandering a bit:

Temporarily rename crusade.wld to savegame.wld

Run the save game patcher and fix your save. Then rename it back to crusade.wld

Run sm2 and that should fix the issue.

Back