Another batch of assorted questions

Does anyone know details about the Battle of Repleeta?

Not everyone died! That one guy from Wing Commander Academy lived!

But Dekker doesn't count, he was *captured* during the battle and sent to a POW camp...
Or at least that's what LOAF would tell ya... :)

Yeah!

And not to mention theres the possibility of some of Deckkar's team being from there too, since they try not to break up units in most military circles...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
$tormin is correct -- Confed puts their pilots through four years of Academy or through college... they're too expensive to waste on mass suicide missions.<G>

Don't you think the Kilrathi have some kind of Academy too ? I mean, piloting a starfighter shouldn't be easy and everyone has to train a lot before handeling one.

Furthermore I think it is a great mistake to waste the pilots. Look at WWII. Near the end, germans had very good planes (not many but very good ones), but they had a lack of skillfulled pilots.
Near the end japaneese pilots were greens too.

Maybe if the Kilrathi had show more care to experienced pilots, the war could have take another way.

Repleeta...

I don't know the dates, but what happened was this: Terran scientists on Repleeta, on learning of the war, went over to the Kilrathi scientific outpost on the other side of the planet, to give a gesture of goodwill. Their governments may be at war, but they were scientists...they were not.

The Kilrathi, of course, slaughtered the idiots.

Confed sent marines, and the Kilrathi did so. Though a single space strike could have resulted in victory for either side, Repleeta came to represent what each side could accomplish with little or no reinforcements.

Eventually (about 20 years later), a lieutenant (Miles D'Arby, I think) led the remaining Confed marines in a last-ditch attack. Both sides were wiped out.

LOAF can correct me with the dates, but I don't think there's any kill count for either side...

BTW, lack of skillful pilots on the German side? Yeah, that's true. But the surviving aces were the best of the war. The Red Baron (not ME ;) , mind you, the original, Manfred von Richtofen) was the top ace of WWIm with 80 kills. (Which is more impressive than it sounds, considering they didn't have Tachyon guns :) )

Maybe your right. I've heard (don't remember his name)of a German pilot who had 137 kills ! He finished the war flying a me262.

In WWI? If it was, you are mistaken. The Red Baron (Richtofen, not me!) was the top ace of the war. 80 kills, friend.

Oh, wait, it's for WWII. My mistake. Erich Hartmann scoreed 352 kills for the Luftwaffe. He is considered the greatest pilot of all time, I believe, and he claimed never to have lost a wingman. His strategy was the same as mine..."Get close...till he fills the entire windscreen...then you can't possibly miss."

[Edited by Nep Parth on 05-01-2001 at 14:46]

The greatest pilot to ever live (on the US side) was Maj. Greg "Pappy" Boyngton of the 214 Blacksheep squadron based out of LaCava. He was a natural stick and rudder pilot before WWII and made quite a name for himself.

RFB

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Just curious RF, But are you a real pilot?

Yes, I hold a private liscense with instrument rating. Ive flown single engine cesnas as well as twin engine and about 120 hours in my instructors lear 45. Im working on upgrading my license to commercial status.

RFB

Back