Animated WC movie

I have no problem with Evangelion fanboys or Sailor Moon freaks...but when you've started cosplaying and/or have your house filled with Japanese shit...then there's a problem.

Actually...the cosplaying can be all right. It honestly depends, like if you're going to be at a convention. Then it's all right, because Trekkies do the same thing. Because there are some cosplay costumes that I've seen that are excellent. And then there's the really, really, REALLY crappy ones. And those people need to be slapped around for a goood five minutes.

Bandit LOAF said:
but there's a really bad fan culture out there.

I'd go as far as saying the majority of people who collect anime as a hobby should be seen as a disease.

Eh, my experience is basically that whenever I go to a Sci Fi type convention everybody is great - even the people who hate eachother on the internet get together and hang out and generally have a good tme.

At an anime convention you get... the exact same stuff you find on the internet. People making crazy declarations (I'll never buy from Company X because they called riceballs meatballs when they translated Y!) and arguing about inane crap.

I like (some) anime, but the fanbase needs to mature.

Haesslich said:
There are many people who enjoy anime. Then there are people who buy body-pillows - those are the fans. And God help us all.

It's even worse in Japan, as I recall.

Bob McDob said:
It's even worse in Japan, as I recall.

As I said. God help us all.

Mind you, they've got some nice-looking cosplayers to go with the crazed fans who 'sleep' with their favorite characters via these pillows.

Bandit LOAF said:
I like (some) anime, but the fanbase needs to mature.

The worst thing about the world of anime is that it revolves around some very good material (I'm an immense fan of Evangelion) but the fans make me want to hate myself for having something in common with them.

I forget which project it was but they had a 3 or 4 minute trailer that made me all excited but realizing I will probably never see a finished project hurts me inside

-Rance-

Back