An Old Vet, back to spread his memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you should even bother asking
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I assume he means something about that Chinese military, I'm not sure though.
wink.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I know that ireland's very green, has a bunch of psycho seperatists running around with AK's and a few British paratroopers trying to stop them.

Quarto: I was stuck in Toronto when they had 30 cm of snow last winter. I got to see APCs and Leopard 2's shoveling the parking lots
smile.gif

Actually it was really sad.

And China doesn't sound so bad. I only know one Chinese person that's actually half Chinese, and he doesn't make it sound anywhere near as bad as the TV does.

Cricket: Poland was a communist country, and it was bad. Trust me. China is a lot worse. But you're right about one thing. It's not as bad as TV makes it out to be. Of course, according to TV, it can't get any worse...
That's a fairly good description of Ireland
smile.gif

Kalkrath: I think Eire is all right. Northern Ireland kind of sucks though.
BTW has anyone here seen the Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog? That show's cool. It squeezes in more CGI & fight scenes into 30mins than Xena, or any other show like that in an hour.

------------------
Politician: "How DARE a state owned newspaper call me a control freak!!!"
Aide: "They're not state owned."
Politician: "They will be by tonight!"
The Politician by David Fletcher.

Kalkrath: No, you watch it
smile.gif
. I'm 3/8 Kilrathi and am proud to admit it
smile.gif
. I'm also 3/8 Human
wink.gif

Almost everyone's part Irish. I'm probably part Irish and don't even know it.

Does anyone know why British paratroopers are in Ireland instead of the Britsh Army?

Suggestion: How about we DON'T talk about this. Politics is a terrible thing to talk about on a board that is accessed from all over the world.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Kalkrath: You may ask, but you'll have to wait for me to make up an answer
smile.gif
... Hmm... How about Feline (I mean normal cats)? Cats are really cool. Except when they decide that you should pay more attention to them and stand between you and the computer screen
smile.gif

Cricket: I'm not part Irish. I imagine that paratroopers are better trained than the rest of the army, and whoever sits in Ireland needs training...

TC: Yeah... I'm afraid you're right. It's a pity. You'd think that with people from all over the world, it would be especially interesting. But unfortunately, sooner or later, some idiot will come by and spoil the debate by screaming his head off. Mind you, there was that one really long debate we had with Byydo... Ah, that was a long time ago. One of Penguin's threads... Who would've thought that exploding birds would end up topic-drifting into politics?
smile.gif

Actually, I guess we could continue this conversation, if everyone agrees to behave, and to ignore anybody who doesn't behave. Otherwise...

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto: Guess I just know a lot of peple with a bit of Irish in them. Canada's paratroopers used to be pretty good, but they got disbanded.

And cats are cool.

Kalkrath: Aren't the British the police in Ireland?

Yeah, cats are pretty cool. My cat's part dog, I think. He chases his tail and plays fetch.

------------------
If i'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

That was a confusing moment. At first glance, it looks like Kalkrath says that cats control too much
smile.gif
... Which wouldn't necessarily be incorrect...
wink.gif

I've seen my cat chase his tail, chase his shadow, and chase the shadow of my hand. He's got more hunting instincts than your average Kilrathi
smile.gif

Why did your paratroopers get disbanded, Cricket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back