An Old Vet, back to spread his memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrainCore

Rear Admiral
I started playing Wing Commander the day that WC I came out on its first floppy disk. It was the most amazing experience I had ever had. Since that time, I've emersed myself into the Wing Commander Universe as I've played each following sequel in the most intricate of fasion. I can beat each game over again, with my eyes closed for I still remember each mission. I still remember all the characters, ones that were losted and others who have lived. It's funny, to think that as devoted of a Wing Commander fan I was, I am no longer one. Though in my spirit I feel like I'm still one, I really am not. Here is my website http://fly.to/Wc_universe a website which I spent hundreds of hours making if not thousands, and I feel it has gone to waste. I never did finish it, but I plead that you all visit it. My e-mail address is Ken@Elkabany.com if you wish to e-mail me about it. I now play games, such as Half-Life and Rainbow 6. It is very weird, but Wing Commander is a thing of the past. It's too late right now, and I can't say anything I want to say, so I'll post up what I really want to say later.

I don't get that. Did you actually come here, register, and post this, just to tell us that you're through with WC, and to give us the address of your site?

How strange...

Its funny how many "fans" abandon WC simply because they have to wait a while for a new game. They seem totally blind to the other Wing Commander work that goes on that the CIC mentions almost every day.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

I find funny that people call themselves vets and the TRUE fans of the games and talk about how they are WC fans from the begining, and then they give up on it when it hits its first slump. I think you should be ashamed of yourself for saying your site was a waste of time because Wing Commander is a thing of the past. I myself will never stop beleiving that WC6 will come out.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

How can it be a thing of the past? We had many new products came out last year, of course he's probably one of those fans that only like games.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

A thing of the past? How can that be? The WCs are timeless classics. Also, I don't think WC is in a slump for there is enough evidence that points to Origin being up to something WC-related. We know a new game is coming. Its only a matter of time. Any true WC fan would be able to wait for it.

------------------
We shall slice of their heads and thrust them upon tiki sticks!

Any true WC fan would also enjoy the movie, the movie novels, tons of other merchandise from the movie, and False Colors.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Earthworm: Going a bit over the top, aren't ya? Just because someone likes WC, doesn't mean that he has to love every single WC product. This, incidentally, is exactly the sort of thinking that turns any "X vs. Y" thread into flaming contests. The little "Official WC product" sign does not mean that you have to love it.

But how can people say WC is dead, just because they don't like a product? That's like saying WC was dead for the last 4 years, because I didn't like any of the games or novels that came out at that time. Anyway for me a WC fan is a fan of the whole universe, a guy that just likes the games is a fan of the WC games, a fan of the genre.

------------------

He didn't actually say that WC was dead
smile.gif
. Anyway, you'll notice that he hasn't actually responded, which suggests that he's also not reading what you said. So why bother?
Meanwhile, if Origin released a product called "Official Wing Commander Toilet Paper", would you use it? I guess you'd have to, but it seems that it would be more than a bit disrespectful to wipe your a** with an Official WC Product
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont use it, I'll just keep it to look at it.
wink.gif

------------------

Ah, but isn't that the equivalent of using a WC CD as a coaster? You've _gotta_ use the product the way it was meant to be used
smile.gif

Quarto... You should talk to Chris Reid he has a whole WC shrine of stuff that he doesn't use (still in shrink-wrap
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC: Ah, it's so good to see somebody else here. Why is that every time I'm here, nothing's going on?

That's an easy one, nobody likes you Quarto. (j/k)
smile.gif

------------------

Jeeze Earthworm
smile.gif
Quarto... I feel the same way. Most of the time when I'm here no one else is either...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Earthworm: Well, in that case, I think I'll just sit in the corner and sulk
smile.gif

I for one have never givin up on Wing Commander, no matter how much evidence comes against a new Wing Commander I still wait. I go back as far as I can (WC2) and relive my memories.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Hey, I'm detecting a bit of "regret
frown.gif
" in BrainCore's post. Maybe if we handle this right, we could "bring him back"?
wink.gif

Maybe that's what he had in mind when he registered?
Besides, he never said that WC is a thing of the past. Only that it was for him.
Stay tuned for his next post.

Kalkrath: Too late. I'm staying in my corner now
smile.gif

Primate: He probably doesn't intend to even come back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back