An idea which I think will be unpopular

From the looks of it what is wanted is a game with freespace 2 graphics, the ability to select ships and guns, as well as cap ships like freespace 2 ie they are realistic to kill, with the plot and stlye of the good wing commanders and the flight dynamics of wing commander.
I'm I warm here.

I hear tell from numerous sources re: Wing Commander 1, 2 and 3 from the Kilrathi point of view.

I think this would be difficult just from the perspective of the Kilrathi culture. Failure means ripping out your own throat in ritual suicide.

Having said that, if they get it to work, maybe you can scrap with Blair. Maybe he could be a challenge this time (anyone who "betrayed Confed" during the Comm Station mission in WCP will know what I'm on about).

While P2 was an excellent game from the POV of Cap-Ships, I think that the Wing Commander 3 Cap ships would be just fine if they replaced the laser cannons with heavy photons, like those found on the Fralthi II's. Those bastards hurt, but there wasn't enough of them to make Cap-Ships a viable threat.

P.S Does anyone else think it a tad odd that a 30 year old clapped out Kilrathi corvette proves more of a challenge than the Midway?

I would rather attack a Kilrahti Cruiser in a Arrow in WC III that that Kilrahti Corvette in a Devastator in WC P.

Re: ....yeah.. but....

Originally posted by MKoolio
...don't you think that this wouldn't work with Wing Commander?

Christopher Blair is dead... or he just seems to be, and to send him every new year into a new Galaxy would be some kind of boring... that'S the same as STAR TREK, and I HATE STAR TREK!!!!

"
Blair, Kerensky, Skywalker... do you really want more?

No.1 - Quit hatin on Star Trek. All 4 series have been great shows.

No.2 - I was gonna suggest that we do somewhat like the Star Trek series does before I even read your post. Going from WCP to the next version should be like going from Star Trek to the Next Generation. It should be a couple centuries after WCP. There should be completely new weapons and ships. There should be completely new enemies that behave nothing like the Kilrathi or Bugs. The characters from WCP should be long since dead. And the overall way people live should be different.

No.3 The game should reach deeper into Space. We should reach very far away. The balance between gameplay and storyline should be like it was in WC2.There should only be 1 or 2 places you move around to on the carrier. And you should be able to press the "view storyline" button in either place. I think many complained of too much moving around to get the storyline in WC3 amd WC4. Also the gameplay should be a mixture or WC2 and WCP. Every mission should not be a shoot-em-up. Some missions should only have a few enemies at each waypoint like in WC2.

[Edited by Sonic98 on 01-21-2001 at 14:33]

The way one gets storyline in WCIV is really easy, just type M when you are onboard the Intrepid, or Lexington and you will see where you gotta go

I wouldn't mind seeing a pre-Tiger's Claw storyline\game, maybe they could try to capture the desperation in those early days ie., very short time limits, limited resources such as not having a fully armed fighter, having to fly a slightly damaged fighter, etc. or you start out with a fixed number of fighters so if\when a pilot gets shot down you would be minus a ship (so theoretically you could be facing a CAP ship in a scout fighter with no bombers-this could be worked out with multiple storylines, now you have to rendevouz with a cruiser, find a base to reequip, etc.) I dont know, Im rambling now, I thought I had a point...

Back