Alpha Test Game 4

Good catch Capi. Some brackets were not paired up properly so the composite if check to determine if you can tail wasn't right.

Fixed.

Turn 20 MP: Wandering Soul is awaiting tailing information according to the Intercepted Communications report. However, Zeta 2 has been destroyed, so the orange "pending" status should actually be reseted - right?

Turn 20 MP: Wandering Soul is awaiting tailing information according to the Intercepted Communications report. However, Zeta 2 has been destroyed, so the orange "pending" status should actually be reseted - right?
Right.... interesting, the game has decided that since Zeta 2 doesn't exist, it will wait on last turn's Zeta 2 for tail information instead of this turn's. Unforeseen situation...

Okay I have it try to request last turn's piece id from this turn's id array and if/when it returns null, assume the piece died.... fix in place... and it is now red!

Ah well, was fun while it lasted. Good luck to Ironduke & Capi. Thanks Avacar for all your hard work on this game and fixing up the bugs!

I want a rematch already ;)

I should say, thanks to all of you in Game 4 recently; since August I can't easily count how many small bug we found and squashed!

There will probably be a Game 6 with a smaller group than Game 5 in the not-to-distant future once I am certain I deal with all the large-map issues and I build a new feature needing focused testing.

I'll certainly be up for another game with a small group, once this one's finished. Game 5 is...proceeding a bit slowly. I'm glad I could be of assistance.

And I'm not dead (I'm getting better! I feel happy!!)! Still trying to figure that one out...I'd assumed when Dark Archon hit the burner to run like a chicken, the DF would've gone for the next target along its flight path (namely Wandering Soul), and so there wasn't a thing I could do to keep myself from losing at least one fighter last turn. That was the reason I was being so pessimistic: I was concerned that Zeta1's missile would've, had I not evaded, killed Archon and left Bravo1's missile a clean shot at Soul, costing me both fighters. Considering Sierra1 went up in flames (which I did not anticipate happening, BTW), that would've ended the game in a big hurry.

So..Turn 20MP.

Anybody else noticing the game is saying there are five remaining transmissions left to be received, when there are only three fighters that haven't reported in?

"We do not know what just happened" is the error message window (!) I got when I issued Zeta 1's and Bravo 1's orders in turn 20 MP. And yes, it said 5 here, too. Probably still counting in the two explosions... ;)

I was hoping I'd be able to nail Sierra 1 this turn (no offence, Skanks! ;)), but after the bad luck during the recent CPs, I wasn't too sure...
Concerning the DF - yes, following the rules, it should have gone after Wandering Soul next. Is there any "who's in my path" list for DFs to go through?

And sure, I'm up for a rematch anytime! :)

Sounds like it's hit code that should not be reached if it is operating as intended. Perhaps such 'catch all' code should be modified to display something a little more helpful for debugging purposes?

Curious to see what happens here...the board still says it's awaiting three transmissions but only Wandering Soul has yet to make his moves. So, I'll put my move in and...

"We do not know what just happened."

Hm. Bigger question is whether the game will proceed to 20CP now or if it'll wait for two transmissions that aren't coming...

Wow. getting that error means that the order processor returned neither true nor false... I'm going to have to wind back the clock and see what's going on with the orders you're issuing.

Also yes, with it thinking 5 ships remain, it will sit there forever now that it is at 2. I can easily push that down. Not sure why it didn't reduce it for the blown up ships however.

edit: okay... this goes way back to ~ phase 3 bugs. I was having errors with xml syntax return and it finally came back to hunt me. Apparently since my xml creating script includes a lot of other libraries, if they end with any whitespace after the closing of the php tag, that gets included in the xml return, and that is a big no-no for xml. Rediculous bug, but finally caught it. I don't know/think you guys were getting these popups before, but now when you submit orders, a dialog will open and say command got the transmission or something.

Don't know why we were at 5 ships remaining, that bug will have to wait.

Turn20CP:

Um......wow. Three moves to one...
Capi: why'd you go flying off the map?

Wait, my mistake, this is from me testing and fixing that stuff earlier; I had to keep re-submitting your orders again and again. Let me rerun that turn processing.... done. there, that's better!

Capi: why'd you go flying off the map?
I figured it was a good time to invoke the King's Privilege and make three moves to one. Of course, I'm not a king, so that doesn't really apply...:D

Thanks for re-setting it; wasn't looking forward to a two-on-one fight. Not yet, anyway.

No problem; I guess I missed 2 of them. I had had to relive your order submission 31 times before I fully isolated the bug.

31 times, huh? Must've been a pretty deeply buried bug...

Speaking of bugs, I noticed when I looked again that Dark Archon's number of chaff pods didn't iterate like it should've (i.e. he should have only one left). Enough went wonky in Turn19 that I figure it may just've gotten missed, but I'd thought I'd mention it anyway.

"PHP Error: Use Firebug to analyze. Contact Avacar to recreate this message"
Appears everytime I click on "Report Orders." The orders seem to go through normally, though, and we also advanced from turn 20 CP to EP correctly.

Not seeing a field report for 20EP. There wasn't one in the e-mail notification I received, either. Game should be holding to ask if Wandering Soul wants to tail Dark Archon...should I hold off on inputting my orders for now?

"PHP Error: Use Firebug to analyze. Contact Avacar to recreate this message"
Appears everytime I click on "Report Orders." The orders seem to go through normally, though, and we also advanced from turn 20 CP to EP correctly.
Drat, this is exactly what I was working on this morning (replacing the 'We don't know what happened' bug). I squashed it for movement phase, then blindly copied it over to combat and end phase. I thought I'd nailed it. sigh

edit: Okay, I missed bringing along the necessary class definitions when I did the fix (which were introduced to hopefully/finally get that pilot last-action field working) . Maybe we'll finally nail two bugs with one!

Let me know if those messages persist...

Not seeing a field report for 20EP. There wasn't one in the e-mail notification I received, either. Game should be holding to ask if Wandering Soul wants to tail Dark Archon...should I hold off on inputting my orders for now?
And as for this one... no idea? Is possible there simply isn't a field report? Did none of you shoot? The report technically isn't blank, it holds an empty board cleanup block... which is likely why the 'nothing to report message isn't' showing up. Something for which I should probably check.

Back