AB Fuel

Starkey said:
the question is: Do we know how to do that in the Vision engine?
Yes, we do... we'd just need multiple versions of the same gun, with different refire rates. But we'd need extra gun slots and it might mess up the ships that have converging guns combined with non-converging guns.

BattleDog said:
You can alter the gun mechanics by making the changes I proposed above.
I'll see if we can do anything about it, but we have limited gun slots. We may not have enough slots to fill up with stuff like "100ms 15-degrees-convergence Mass Driver" and "150ms 15-degrees-convergence Mass Driver".

I didn't think of convergence angles when I suggested it. You may be right that we don't have enough gun slots, then again we PROBABLY do, considering how bloody many guns got crammed into UE. I remember a pretty wide range, at least compared to this.

We have 22 or 23 gun slots altogether. That's not much at all - if you have five guns, each of which comes in three variants (no convergence, small convergence, big convergence), you're down to five free gun slots.

Do the guns really need to converge? How many gun types really need convergence? These are questions I leave to you.

Keeping it true to WCII would mean the faster refire rates for multiple guns. You don't have to do it for all the guns, massdrivers and particle guns are the main culprits since they get mounted without another gun to back them up.

You should be able to do it for most gun types, it all depends on which ships mount which types of guns and how far apart.

Please do this, it would stop the Light Fighters from sucking, at least.

Back