A discussion on the true nature of the Nephilim

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Originally posted by Mav23
only some of the fighters are drones, specifically the itty-bitty ones that float around the Manta and then attack you when the Manta is destroyed.

I can only remember one drone fighter type, the Remora, floating around the Ray-fighters. Great way to increase your kill score.
Every other craft I recall had a pilot in it when I directed an insult at it. <g>

Yes, that's what I was referring to, I meant the Ray, I get confused with those bug names :)

In Reference to the Big vs Small Debate

I don't think quantity is better than quality. But I do think that it can help to have some quantity. After all Confed only has a mere handful of Midway and Vesuvius carriers. And its generally agreed the bugs outnumber us. That means they can bring to bear massive force on our fleet and our big carriers are obvious targets. Loss of the Midway would be big blow simply because we would lose a major platform. The big carriers have to be supplemented by a lot of little carriers.

We know or at least have to assume that the bugs can open gates anywhere. That means we have to have a large enough fleet that can provide coverage for the whole Confederation and that means more carriers. In an all out war the large carriers could draw the bugs' attention, while the little carriers snipe away at the bugs' supply lines, interior bases and maybe even the gates themselves. That would force the bugs to deploy their forces to protect each link in their system. That means less ships going after the Vesuvius or whatever.

As for why the Neph are here. Well I don't give a damn. What I give a damn about is beating them. This is definitely a situation of shoot first, ask questions later.

[Edited by Penguin on 06-02-2001 at 19:05]

Now that we've refined our ability to detect bug gates, HD squadrons may be able to respond to enemy arrivals much more quickly...

Nature of Nephilim

Is it possible that the Mantu and the Nephilim are the same species?
Or is it possible that the two alien species has formed an alliance?
I don't remmeber how the saying actually goes but here it is anyway. "I shall arrive quietly in the night for I am death destroyer of worlds". I believe that this quote is from a Hindu text, Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Leaves one to wonder...........Life, the universe and everything that goes with it.

I am become Gigabyte, destroyer of systems...

Person to guess that quote gets a cookie.

But, the quote from the Hindu text in question is, "I am become death, destroyer of worlds". I believe it's said by Shiva...

EDIT: Well, the quote may also come from the text...though, I don't remember reading it. But it's ben about 4 years since I read it, and only in translation...

[Edited by Nep Parth on 06-03-2001 at 00:38]

Anyone remember Gillian Anderson's Reboot appearance as Data Nully? :)

TC gets a cookie.

Gillian Anderson's appearence was pretty funny. I didn't like Seasons One and Two (they had their moments, though) and World Web Wars was, for me, the best part of it.

Season Three was great, though. Enzo the guardian, Matrix the renegade, the enhancement of the software used in making the animations...top-notch, all the way. Now, if Mainframe would just stop making those Transformer series...

Did they release Season 3 of ReBoot on DVD?

[Edited by Nep Parth on 06-03-2001 at 09:57]

Season 3 is available on four DVDs... IMO, Season 3 was the most interesting -- but not without having seen the first two seasons...

That's true. Probably because they were no longer censored by "BSnP" ABC's Broadcast Standards and Practices. I enjoyed the part in World Web Wars, after the producers found out that ABC didn't renew them...

"I say! It's the ABC's! They've turned on us!"
"Treacherous dogs!"

Season 4 is supposedly going to air on Cartoon Network beginning September 2001...

[Edited by Nep Parth on 06-03-2001 at 10:22]

actually, it will comprise of (I think) two two-part MOVIES of Reboot, thereby making a "fourth season".

(kind of a short one though)

No, they're breaking them up into 8 episodes, plus 4 others and a musical (hopefully like the "Penzance-esque" one at the end of the 3rd Season..."The ReBoot Recap song"), for a total of 13 episodes. There's a "real chance" that it can become 26 episodes, according to Mainframe, so...

oh really? COOL! I didn't know that, but then again, I haven't paid attention to Reboot for about year now :(

I just thought about something - what if the Nephilem are really [heavily armed] intergalactic scientists, intent on studying "inferior" species? What if they're just part of some military lab?

Something I found looking through the SO Online fiction the other day...

{Dr. Jacob Hildreth} Exactly. Well, unfortunately, as we gather more and more data my preferred interpretation of our team's findings has a tendency to be extremely mutable.
However, I will attempt to offer my opinions, limited as they may be. As you can tell from the documentation you reviewed there were multiple instances of energy signature common to the Alien craft being detected in certain systems just outside of the initial conflict.
The Sectors in question are Kilrah, M'shrak and Epsilon.
In the Kilrah sector, within the Kur' u-Pak quadrant signatures were detected in K'sk'taq system. In the M'shrak sector, within the Tr'K H'Hra quadrant signatures were detected with the Hhallas system. Finally, in Epsilon sector within the Sa'Khan quadrant, signatures were detected within the Valgard system.
Similar signatures have been detected within the Proxima system. These signatures are not indicative of the enemy movement and engagement activity as is associated with their standard capital ships and fighters. As of yet, we are unable to determine the vector for these readings. It leads us to believe that that the Aliens are engaging in activities above and beyond the standard military offensive we have witnessed thus far.
{Assembly Member 1} Why do draw this conclusion? Even if the signatures are, as you say, not indicative of the vessels we have encountered, who is to say that this is not reflective of non-offensive organisational behaviour we have not been privy to?
{Dr. Jacob Hildreth} I cannot. However, I do believe that we would have an indication if these readings were related towards standard fleet movement, re- supply runs, etc. It is our belief that these signatures represent vessels intended to work under the cover of military craft. Science vessels must exist on the Alien side and we have yet to see any.
Due to the lack of any significant military encounters in the systems mentioned, excluding Proxima, we believe that this represents the activity of a reconnaissance team.
{Assembly Member 3} For what purpose?
{Dr. Jacob Hildreth} That is open for discussion. There is not any known strategic value that the systems have. There are a number of theories as to the reason.
They could possibly be attempting to gather Intel on possible places for the construction of additional wormhole devices. They could have been searching for weak points within what was once assumed to be strategic positions based on old data. By old, I mean centuries old.
There could be minerals or other sources of energy specific to the alien ships that is found only in these systems.
However, they could also be involved in any number of other missions. There is always the possibility they were looking for something.
We do not have enough data to render a conclusive statement.

I wonder what the bugs were up to out there!!?

Back