[2020-02] Some novel character portraits

Now, I have basically finished the story based on Action Stations Chapter 4. So, what should be the next part? 😉

Excuse me, may I ask a question? Which form is correct?

A. "And...what am I in their eyes?"
B. "And... what am I in their eyes?"

Thanks so much!

Are you omitting a word or thought? If not, then neither form is grammatically correct. Best guess is that you'd forego a punctuation mark of any type there.

What is the context of the statement?

Are you omitting a word or thought? If not, then neither form is grammatically correct. Best guess is that you'd forego a punctuation mark of any type there.

What is the context of the statement?

"It was startling to realize that such information was not unique, but in fact common on most of their larger vessels... how could they have been so insane as to allow it fall into enemy hands?" (Action Stations, Chapter 4)

"The questioning rooms… the fact that several eights of eights of the humans he had taken at Faweetts World were shipped to Kilrah for direct questioning had been troubling." (Action Stations, Chapter 4)

The questions I would like to ask are, first of all, does this "..." require a space immediately after the end of the last word and a space after itself? Second, are these two uses of "..." the same usage? That is, to express a sense of hesitation or delay?

P.S. As of now, for this visual novel project, the drafts of Action Stations Chapter 1 Imperial Conference part and Chapter 4 are finished. That is, the basic framework for the prologue and first chapter of this visual novel is complete. Now I need to refine it, such as fixing typos, grammatical mistakes, polishing the portraits, as well as preparing for the next chapter, something about Blair and Melek. 😄

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
I prefer to have the space after the ellipsis, but I've seen it without as well. Either of the two should be acceptable. Just be consistent with whichever you choose.

I prefer to have the space after the ellipsis, but I've seen it without as well. Either of the two should be acceptable. Just be consistent with whichever you choose.
Thanks so much!

What about the case of where the omission is followed by another punctuation?
A. "..." (...)
B. "... " (... )

After drawing 12 Kilrathi characters, I started drawing Terran characters.

This is an original Terran character, a University professor. I would like to be familiar with the way Terrans are drawn through the portrayal of this character. The color of the suit is the one I specified. Apart from that, Basically, the color scheme is automatically given by the AI, including the hair color.

Hopefully I can start painting Blair in the near future.

P.S. FF14 Hyur are good models.

Attachments

• Teacher.jpg
    Teacher.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Yeah, B. Should be a space after the periods.

Thanks so much!

Now I think I have fixed most of the typos and have the DEMO packages updated.

In the next chapter, I am planning to discuss a topic: What was Melek's purpose in inviting Blair to his ship (in the novel) and why did the Kilrathi Shintahr come aboard (in the game)?

I'd like to do something fun. 😉

If you all have any ideas, please let me know.

Now Chapter 2 begins. DEMO updated.

After an original part used in tandem, a test part from The Price of Freedom novel version was added. The part depicts something that happens after Melek asked Blair for help and got a response, and Blair was invited to board the Kilrathi ship.

But... do you see something different in the screenshot? 😉

screenshot011.jpg

I would like to ask you all to guess why this version of plot exists. Or, I should ask, whose description is this most likely coming from?

P.S. This part has a high degree of experimentation, and I look forward to your criticism and guidance.

P.S. FF14 Hyur are good models.

Ah, I got it - it's the version of Blair from Wing Commander 4.123106.... 😝🤪😈

I have to admit this wonderful novel attracts me so much. I actually didn't read it in order. Yesterday, I started by looking up Melek related plots, and these are the steps (Note: minor spoilers):

1. Searching for keyword "Melek"... Well, the human-adapted Hero's Greeting is good! :)
2. And what are the things have to be known when Blair is a farmer? 😝
3. Continue Searching... Wow, Melek is (certainly) superb at close quarters combat, and he (certainly) knows how to stop to spare the pirates who surrender. 😀
4. Who is Zeke? 😳
5. Well, seems Blair has his Kilrathi maintainer? 🤪
6. It seems that Zeke is a vegetarian kat (I now know that farmer knowledge), and he has a happy and large family, happy troubles. 🥴 Should I draw a portrait for him?
7. Searching for keyword "Zeke"... Oh, poor Blair, the trauma of the war still gives him bad dreams. 😟
8. Continue searching for keyword "Zeke"... How do these nightmares come with new tricks? 🧐
9. Continue reading... !!!!???? 😱
10. !@#@¥#%……¥%……&……*&* 😭
11. ... 🥳 I see, Zeke is not Blair's maintainer...
12. OK, I think I've already done a portrait of Zeke before I know this name. 🙃
13. Did you recommend this novel on purpose? 🤩

LOL. Definitely not my intention, but it's cool to see nonetheless...
Glad you like it. ;)

As of now I am not sure if Zeke should wear a necklace made from the (broken) ornaments previously on his forehead. What do you think? Thanks!

And how do I pronounce "Zeke"?

Last edited:
And how do I pronounce "Zeke"?

It's pronounced 'zeek', like the word 'seek' but with a 'z' sound in front instead of 's'. One of the farmhands in The Wizard of Oz has this name (the 1935 movie version anyway; don't know about the novels). It's a diminutive form of the name "Ezekiel".

It's pronounced 'zeek', like the word 'seek' but with a 'z' sound in front instead of 's'. One of the farmhands in The Wizard of Oz has this name (the 1935 movie version anyway; don't know about the novels). It's a diminutive form of the name "Ezekiel".

Thanks! Looks like this is an original character of the film. The actor also played the Cowardly Lion... Funny meme.

And the point is, when I went to see the movie clip yesterday, and I found I got 80% right on the style of Zeke‘s shirt! I was lazy and didn't draw the plaid on the shirt, but the pattern in the 1935 movie is without the plaid. I made it correct inadvertently! 😹

There is another issue, maybe I've had mistakes pronouncing the names of many novel characters and clans before.
Is there a dictionary with phonograms? Thanks!

Back