Youtube / OPENGL

Necroscope86

Spaceman
Hi Folks,

I'm playing WCProphecy with the most recent OPENGL Patch, at 1920x1080. Is there anyway I can get rid of the Black Borders on either side at that resolution? (I only understand small parts of it, but on other resolutions the whole screen is taken up ie no black bars. Does it have something to do with the resolutions with no black bars are aspect wise similar to 640x480?)
I have looked at various forums and posts but cannot seem to find a definite answer.

I apologize If I have posted this in the wrong place.

Kind regards,

Necro

PS:
Link to what I mean
1920x1080
http://i45.tinypic.com/2dkmm42.jpg

It doesnt do this on 1600x1200 for example, it stretches to the full screen.

Hi ! Here's how it works. The game decides what it wants displayed on screen, then shoots the information to the renderer. The OpenGL renderer takes things from there and we added a few effects hacks along... but it still has to display whatever the game sends to it. And the game was made for 640x480, a 4:3 resolution. We can stretch it to any other 4:3 resolution, basically, and widescreen resolutions will have those black bars on the side. The only exception is the full-screen movies; since they are.... full screen :p

Not at all ! You can play it in a 4:3 resolution and not have black bars ;) A bit less immersive if that means playing in Windowed mode, though.

Or plug a 4:3 monitor in ?

Of course you can select your resolution with the OpenGL patch; what he is referring to is the black bars on the sides when you choose a widescreen resolution, the game being made for 4:3 ratio.

IIRC standoff does support 16:9, would it be a lot of trouble to reconfigure wcp and SO to the same standard as standoff, concerning the 16:9 support, only?

In the future, more and more of us will own 16:9 monitors, so the demand for a (mass)solution will come up soon.

Some 16:9 computer screens allow you to "stretch" the image, and rescale it to fit the screen. Most television sets have it. But the display ends up morphed(normal people look like Stewie Griffin).

After reviewing the Screenshot of Necroscope in the first post, I realized that the frame of the cockpit is missing. As if the black bars actually cover the cockpitframes. Is that true? If it is, the black bars actually remove "screen infos" instead of just filling up "resolution space"

After reviewing the Screenshot of Necroscope in the first post, I realized that the frame of the cockpit is missing. As if the black bars actually cover the cockpitframes. Is that true? If it is, the black bars actually remove "screen infos" instead of just filling up "resolution space"

Nope, that's the way it looks in game.

Back