You're Invited to Mindy's Release Party! (February 9, 2011)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Confed Science Officer-turned-Kindie Rock musician Mindy Hester is having a launch event this weekend for the release of her fourth album, Juice Box Hero! The fun starts at noon, February 13, at the Beat Kitchen in Chicago. As a special bonus, one lucky Wing Commander fan in the Chicago area has an opportunity to win free tickets to the show and a copy of the new album!
To enter the contest, simply hit the Discuss link and post the answer to this trivia question: In Lance Casey and Aurora Finley's introduction scene (the famous 'boom boom' sequence pictured below), how many shots did Aurora drink?! Crius.net registration is recommended, but not required. State whether you live near Chicago, and get your entries in by midnight Saturday. Wingnuts outside the Chicago area can enter, but obviously they won't get to come to the party! Good luck! You can also purchase the album at CDBaby or iTunes.

"You can take the girl off the Midway, but you can NEVER take the Midway out of the girl" - Lt. Finley

Mindy Hester & The Time Outs!
and Max Trax Studios

--
Original update published on February 9, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
I live a bit too far from Chicago to participate, but it sure is nice ! She sounds like a really fun and kind person.

Too bad Chicago is a bit of a long drive for me... - and the question's not even that hard ;)

C'mon guys, go meet the lady. I guess she'll laugh if you bring your WCP box to sign..

I live a bit too far from Chicago to participate, but it sure is nice ! She sounds like a really fun and kind person.

She definitely is! Unfortunately, I think we just might have fewer visitors with younger age children than some of the other sites that have promoted her work. :)

The answer was two (for their first meeting scene).

The later one with the Kn'Thrak prophecy discussion is three (she puts the fourth one down).

Too bad we couldn't find someone nearby!

Mindy's first two CDs were a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to this new one.

(No kids, but... I never really grew up, anyway.)

Back