Your favourite Privateer - II ship?

Plasteel Skull said:
On this forum mostly condemned WC Privateer remake "Privateer Remake" allows you to fly that ship. Google it out if you don't know anything about it.
A better choice would be Standoff.

I meant in the privateer world, but I have played the remake, and it doesnt let you fly the Stiletto, but i do have the 4th and 2nd best Arrow score in the Kilrathi and Confed gauntlets ^_^

-Scorp- said:
I meant in the privateer world, but I have played the remake, and it doesnt let you fly the Stiletto

It depends - you can get it "correctly" buying it on all bases belonging to Confed (Perry and some refineries after you have finished the main plot with Steltek ship). Also -- if you know how to meddle with game's unit databases (as a matter of fact it's not difficult at all) -- you can be flying any ship present in the game. For example I enjoy flying Salthi which is normally (AFAIK) unavailable EVEN in Remake (Gothri and Dralthi are available, though). I realize, that it is a cheap gimmick and all that, but i really dig the ships model and consider it the one best textured in the whole game. Also Salthi has a cool cockpit taken from Shoklar ( WC:Armada) which had a very similar shape to Salthi (probably some cloaked modification of Salthi renamed - I bet, that somebody here will soon shed light on it better than I...). I've always had a soft spot for Kilrathi ships. BTW Stiletto has its own, original cockpit, taken from either Stiletto form WC:Academy (if this ship was in that game) or from similar fighter. Stiletto is the fastest and most manoeuverable ship in Remake.

I don't get why you people would want to fly military fighters in Privateer. There's six official games that let you do that.:)

Dyret said:
I don't get why you people would want to fly military fighters in Privateer. There's six official games that let you do that.:)

I don't know about "people" - but I like freedom and wide range of possibilities about what I can do. Of course, games like Privateer were meant to be space trade/bounty hunting/piracy/ship upgrading kind of games, which were never supposed to offer a player possibility to -- for example -- illegaly become an owner of military fighter. For me very often it is sufficient, that there is such a option in the game. That there are various very difficult (to find in a game and also to accomplish) branches in the game's story, which enable you to become almost anything (even I see some need of limits here not to make a crazy, alogical game). I also think, that games that are truly eternal, are those, which have a high degree of replayability, and replayability is - among other things - closely connected with lots of small nuances that you discover playing game again and again. This is maybe one of the reasons why I consider a possibility to fly Stiletto somehow enriching the game. It should be much more difficult to obtain though (in financial and time-spent-to-gain measures).

btw - aside from the skulls I find the demon hard to kill. No, there where not fast or heavily armed - but the targetarea was extremly small...
Most shot simplay pass by...

Deacan

The Skulls were easy to kill if you had a fast ship like a Duress. That ship dispite the lack of guns could get me very far in the game. I hated when I had to upgrade!

I finished the entire game in an Aurora. Don't ask me why, I had so much money I could afford any ship several times over. I even tried most of them out. I just.. really liked the Aurora.

Killer said:
I finished the entire game in an Aurora. Don't ask me why, I had so much money I could afford any ship several times over. I even tried most of them out. I just.. really liked the Aurora.

Oh... well, some people still like it the hard way...

:D

For myself, I used most of the time the Duress. Only during the last two storymissions I change the sticks for a Freij Mk II...

Deacan

Vinman said:
I liked the Icarus and Skecis

no idea where a lot of these names came from
Well, Icarus, aurora, heretic, skull and so on should be pretty obvious...
Ashearer and Ecantona are names of soccer players who used to play in england, Alan Shearer and Eric Cantona... I think that TEmbler is also a soccer player, but I can't find him.

Deacan said:
Only during the last two storymissions I change the sticks for a Freij Mk II...

Yeah, Freij Mk II was just too good, not to fly it. Only other ship in Priv2 I would exchange Freij Mk II for (because of its cool design -- not comparable quality -- Freij WAS the best) was Kindred Blade heavy fighter. Kalrechi (I guess that was the name) was close with its design to Blade and this was the reason why I used it as a transitory ship between Straith and Freij Mk II.

I think that TEmbler is also a soccer player, but I can't find him.

I don't think so -- it seems like it should be, because it's the same clan as the other two and could be broken down into an initial/last name, but the claim was always that only Ecantona and Ashearer were such references.

I was just skimming through the ships database and I noticed that the only ship with default Volt Lasers is the cheapest ship in the game. Is this a fluke or is there some serious flaw with the Volt Laser?

RogueBanshee said:
I was just skimming through the ships database and I noticed that the only ship with default Volt Lasers is the cheapest ship in the game. Is this a fluke or is there some serious flaw with the Volt Laser?

I don't think thats something wrong with the voltlaser. The cheapest ship is the straith - maybe the programmer of this game want to give this vessel a bit more of a punch than it has with normal streamers...

But - on the other hand: no normal vessel (I mean civilian types) fire back if you are going after them.
Only if these vessel are part of a mission...

Strange, indeed.

Deacan

Back