You are Cordially Invited... (August 10, 2009)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
To the Wing Commander Combat Information Center's eleventh birthday celebration! TONIGHT at 7:00 PM Eastern US (4:00 pm Pacific and 11:00 pm GMT) in #Wingnut!

Featuring...
  • New and updated CIC material!
  • The world premiere of Wing Commander Standoff: Episode Five!
  • Salutations from Wing Commander luminaries!
  • Trivia - from 'Arena' to 'Zartoth'!
  • Special group viewing of the Wing Commander movie!
  • Cake!
  • Happy conversation with the whole staff: ace, AD, Chris, Frosty, Hades, Kris and LOAF!
So point your IRC client to irc.wcnews.com, channel #WingNut! If you need help with IRC just check our #Wingnut section, or just use our Java Client.

In celebration of the tenth anniversary of the Wing Commander movie we will be holding a group viewing of the Wing Commander film. Bring your copy so you can watch and comment along with the rest of the community! The movie will start at 8:30 PM Eastern US (5:30 PM Pacific and 12:30 am GMT); trivia and prizes will continue throughout the movie! Don't have a Wing Commander movie DVD, VCD, DIVX or VHS? You can still rent a copy from Amazon's video-on-demand service!

--
Original update published on August 10, 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
My second favorite news update of the year...following of course tonight's updates :p

I'll be joining the party a bit later...but I can't wait to catch up with everyone when I'm back!

To another year of the CIC!

Long Live the Confederation!

I've been up since 8:30am EST....testing...ya jerk....only a few more hours to freedom from Quarto :p

Sadly won't be able to make this one, but seeing as how I've always been a lurker and never made any of the other birthdays, I think it'll go unnoticed. :)

Happy birthday CIC!

I am afraid I won't make it...again. I'm already so tired that I don't think I'll be able to keep my awake until 1 am. I still have some work to do so maybe if I don't fall asleep and it's close to birthday time I'll drop by for a quick hello but I don't think so.
Getting older stinks :).

Anyway, I wish you all lots of fun!

That's too bad -- we'll miss you! I'm sure we'll have other things to chat about in the next few months, though.

(I bet the turnout will be a bit low because it's a Monday -- but just wait until 2012 when it happens on a Friday night! Still, more prizes for everybody else...)

Back