You are Cordially Invited... (August 10, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
To the Wing Commander Combat Information Center's ninth birthday celebration! TONIGHT at 7:00 PM Eastern US (4:00 pm Pacific and 11:00 pm GMT) in #Wingnut!

Featuring...
  • New CIC Material!
  • Never Before Seen Origin and EA Stuff!
  • Stuff from the best community in the galaxy!
  • A Pelican-load of Prizes!
  • Trivia for Everyone - Beginner to Expert!
  • The Xbox 360 Contest Winner Announcement!
  • In all Likelyhood: Cake!
  • Charming Conversation from ace, Chris, Frosty, Hades, Kris and LOAF!
  • ... and not Hadrian!
So point your IRC client to irc.wcnews.com, channel #WingNut! If you need help with IRC just check our #Wingnut section, or just use our Java Client.​

--
Original update published on August 10, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
<singing to the tune of famous christmas song> "It's the most wonderful time of the year... with laser blasts glowing and cups overflowing with firekka beer..."</singing>

Sadly, I won't be able to make it at all this year :(.

Ah well - have fun everyone, and happy birthday, CIC! :)

That's the problem with living in Denmark... The party doesn't start until midnight my local time and I have to get up early on saturday. I'll probably pop in for a few minutes, though.

The birthday is the best time of year in #WingNut... things are so intense and filled with joy, happiness... and especially Wing Commander!

I am really sorry I missed out on the party, especially now!

A great big thanks to the CIC for making this a very special day for me!

damn shift work damn remembering when weekends used to mean somthing and damn my eyes for missing out on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness i only found the cic quite recently until then i thought i was alone in my clutching at straws and remembering the greatest franchise i have ever played.

after 15 years of playing wc games it is fantastic to find this community still strong!

It's always great when someone discovers or rediscovers the CIC. As another one of my favorite 90s franchises loved to say...

"Welcome back, Commander."

Back