You and your ship, or your fighter.

The Hellcat was an utterly featureless ship... I'll agree on the Bearcat, though -- it may look really, really cool, but the placement of the guns is *annoying*. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by Napoleon
This is weird that everybody loves the hellcat

Who said that?! I don't mind it, but I certainly don't love it. In fact, I recall several threads where people moan about the Hellcat, esp in WC4 when that was the only Confed fighter to fly.

And the Longbow ofcourse... But to only fly two craft, is a bit anoying. How about ejecting, being picked up by a shuttle, shoot down the crew and have a joyride !

I like the Longbow.
I can fight very well in one of those (unlike in the Shrike, I really hate to fly one of those death traps, "better survival rate that the Devastator" my a@@)

You know whats fun? In WCIV, Get clearence to land on the Lexington. Naismith gives you his usual complaints, then your autopilot ligh lights up. Lock your torpedoes on the Lexington and prepare a full salvo. Fire them all. Right before the torpedoes hit the Lexington and deliver the death blow, hit the autopilot. As your ship lands on its own, you get to hear Naismith screaming like a baby, then die, and have the turrets shooting at you. Then, magically, youre on the flight deck again like nothing happened. It's fun, especially after a bad day!:)

Hey!That's as nice as killing Hawk in P. And then playing the nice guy who hasn't done anything and who is just feeling very bad,' cause his wingman is dead.
And the best thing is: they really believe it. But firing torpedos at my own ship, that's something I've never been able to do...maybe today I will.
But at such actions I never felt well. I just did it to see whether there was a special shortcut behind it. This was the case in P.

Blowing up my carrier i used to do a lot in swc. was my first wc game, and saw the claw as an enemy ship.

Originally posted by iCe
And the Longbow of course...

I said fighter. This would not include the Longbow.

Anyway, I like the trick how you can kill an annoying wingman (read: Maniac) in WC3, tug the ejection ring, and not get arrested.

Blowing up the Tiger's Claw was fun too.

Haven't tried it, but I wonder what would happen you used the cheat in Prophecy to blow up the bridge and one of the engines, then torp the other while you autopilot in for landing.

Originally posted by iCe
Blowing up my carrier i used to do a lot in swc. was my first wc game, and saw the claw as an enemy ship.

You saw the ship were you are station as a enemy ship?
The same ship that you see every time that you land.
something must be going very wrong at the academy....

In WC1 for SNES I took out the claw a few times, I also always launched torps at my capship right before i auto'ed on my landing

No I torped my carrier in all the other games that I could and get away with it, in WCI i just sat back and started firing my guns and or missiles, it is fun to sit there for 10 minutes and fire off your lasers in a hornet

Originally posted by Dragon
You saw the ship were you are station as a enemy ship?
The same ship that you see every time that you land.
something must be going very wrong at the academy...
There is no academy any more... some cadet thought it was an enemy dreadnought. :)

*LOL* Today is it called 'Learning by doing.' and I believe, it is really interesting to learn, what happens, if you blow your own carrier up....*LOL again*
But the trick with the torpedos is really nice. I will do it today....but I don't think an old WC4 cheat works at P. ,or???

Back