You and your ship, or your fighter.

Lots of them do.

A Darket, because people have no problem with throwing me away.

A Rapier, because I'm addicted to high speed and thrills.

A Galaxy, because I can't afford a Drayman and who the hell can these days?

An Arrow, because you don't look at me as a major threat until it's almost too late.

The Concordia, well respected yet crashed and burned.

And a Strakha, because I often sneak up on people and startle them without meaning to.

Gotta be a Morningstar.

Although my specs look pretty sweet, I'm unreliable and there's a maniac in control :D.

Heavy bombers! I like to retreat myself in a nutshell, with heavy protection and strong guns... :D
That's what usually happens when I stay home for the whole weekend and it's raining outside, that's how I kind of feel LOL

So, on the list:

Raptor (was the heaviest thing you could get in WC I)
Broadsword
Thuderbolt (Longbow's too slow)
Avenger
Vindicator

With a special link to Excaliburs and Dragons, just 'cause they're damn fu***** good ships!!!

I've always been partial to the Tarsus, but the Grikath really makes my heart race...ugly, slow SOB that turns and shoots like hell!

Or, just give me a Ferret and I'll be happy. Testing it out in the WC Academy game proves it's the most powerful fighter ever. :)

I kinda agree with mpathy, except fighters like the dragon are like the ones that you think you can push around, but when it gets down to it, the Dragon has several ways of kicking your ass.

I liked the...

I like the Devastator you feel invincible when they fire their puny lasers at you, then you realize your running Nightmare then you "Crash and Burn"

Bishop: I got him in my sight, plasma charged and firing
Hawk: #%&%¤ zapp the furrball alredy
Bishop: HA HA I got him i fried that sonofacat
Bishop: Hawk...Hawk....????
Bishop: Hawk...??? *looks at sensors* shiia....

For me, if modified accordingly, the Vampire. 2nd choice would be the infamous Dragon. 3rd would be the ol workhorse, Centurion. As far as reflecting who I would be in that time period, it would have to definately be the Dragon.

RFBurns

Originally posted by Soma
an ejection pod

LOL!!!!!!!! Nice one Soma!
I can't believe they actually gave you a medal, the so-called "Golden Sun", for ejecting in WC I!!!

Hell! They kicked your ass in the later series, complaining and rambling about the price of fighters and all, but in WC I they give ya a medal!!! (ok, only the first time...)

Hey this could start a new thread... :D

I have never been a good bomber pilot. I like the fast ships. The Devastator is also a good ship, but it is too slow and if you have to change your direction fast (if you have an enemy behind you, he has all time he needs to kill you. This won't happen with a Vampire...or just if the enemy pilot is very good) you have no chance.

Remark: The best ship for me is the one I fly every Saturday...*g*. And I like to feel the kick of 2,5 g if you have problems to put your hand up.

I am a Dragon/Lance, I am an all around good guy, just like the Dragon, maybe a little unmanuverable but god I have some nice firepower

Me and my Black Wasp. Fast, manouverable and lots of firepower.

"right now I feel like i can take on the whole empire all by myself"

If it were possible I would faithfully fly the Centurion thru the whole WC series! I think that Centurion could do very well against anything thrown at it. After all, it took on the big green egg! With proper modifications to follow technology that ship would hold its own well with the newer ships. Versitle, easily modified and low profile. The Centurion would be my ultimate choice if the Vampire or Dragon were not around, and even if they were, I would have a hard time letting go of such a durable fighter.

RFBurns

Gimme my Banshee any day. 4 Phreakin Lasers and a Scatter cannon up a Bugs abdomen, and my day will be made. Personally, if they replaced the Banshee's Scatter cannon with a Plasma cannon, I probably could just take out the whole nephiilem fleet in their *galaxy*

Back