You´re my last hope. Search Wing commander 1 and 2

Maestro

Spaceman
In Germany i dosn´t find anymore WC1 and WC2. And the kilrathi Saga isnt relaesed in Germany. I try to get the games but no shop will have it anymore. And now i try to become this games about this forum. if anybody can help me. Please mail.

Helped me, you´re my last hope.

------------------
Be a Kilrathi Killer :)

You should try E-bay.com, WC1, and WC2 are always at low prices there. Though most of the people there won't ship to Europe.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Hmm... perhaps I could try to buy the Deluxe wversions of WC1 and WC2, but then I'd need a whole LOT of help from Stinger to run them under WIN98...

PS.: Does the deluxe version of Privateer 1 include Righteous Fire?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 27, 2000).]

It isn't THAT hard to get to work... Just some editing of startup files... doesn't take that long...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Oh man... Now i'm going to save some money to buy them...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Last edited by a moderator:
Klaus: Save money? There are plenty of "Budget" editions of Priv out there. Usually, they come in the form of a CD, which contains the original manual, and the CD version of Priv (_full_ speech + RF).

They are budget editions in US, but not in my country, where everything that is old more than a year and doesn't sell well disappears from the market.

And thru the internet you have to count in transportation, taxes, currency convertion, yadda,yadda,yadda...
smile.gif

------------------

Klaus : the Privateer edition Chips and Bits has for sale is the Gold Classic Edition as far as I know. It looks exactly like mine anyway. The Gold Classic includes the speech pack and Righteous Fire. Click me.

Thanks for the info.

All I need then is get my hands on WC1 Deluxe, WC2 Deluxe and P1 Deluxe. And make them work under Win98.

Or I could try to get KS, but I'm not in the mood to pay $300 for it.
smile.gif

------------------

It's not always for $300, most of the time it's around $60.
wink.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Besides, it's not everyone on ebay that ships to customers outside of US and Canada...
smile.gif

------------------

You can ask a friend that lives in US to bid for it, and than send it to you. You can ask someone here on the BB, or the WC chat zones.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Klaus: I actually bought mine in an obscure shop in Singapore, but prior to that, I've seen it hundreds of times in Poland (but I didn't buy it because they'd translated the manuals... Curses!)earlier on.

How long ago was it?

Klaus, I'm going to Poland this summer, if you don't mind a translated version I could pick one up for you if I find it.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Earthworm: It was at the start of last year. Oddly enough, I didn't see P2 though... I finally hunted that one down in Singapore. Which is also where I found KSaga... Hmm...

Klaus: When he says translated, he means the manual, not the game.

By the way, was the box also translated? And how do you know the manual was translated if you didn't buy it? One last thing, what city did you see it in?

------------------
Gen. Patton

Thank heavens he means only the manual is translated. Here where I live some local distributors (that represent the big ones in the US) are mangling the latest games. We're getting games with manuals poorly translated, even with copy and paste errors. And some games are being... gasp... DUBBED!
redface.gif
frown.gif
redface.gif
frown.gif

And with pretty crappy dubbers at that!

As for getting a copy of KS, how would I pay you? I know there are some sites that offer a service of sending money orders inside the destination country and then billing your credit card...

------------------

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 28, 2000).]

Back