Yet another Conceptual Design: Vapor Eagle Interceptor

Well I meant for what I said to be taken constructively, but the exact opposite happened, so I didn't even bother repsonding simply because it would be beating a dead horse. Instead of maybe agreeing with anything I said, it was all refuted. Hence, I thought I was the only one who had any suspicions about the design and purpose. Frankly I loved the idea-- it's neat, not to mention that the design drawing is done pretty well.

Here, a better example of how I interpret threads like this, and how I respond.

In the professional world, or even in College and High School, when you write or create something, you often give it to your peers for advice or commentary. Through this advice you have the chance to make your essay, paper, project, ect quite a bit better. If when you give a report to your friend for reading, and he can come up with 101 reasons why what you argue isn't solid, then perhaps its worth considering rewriting some parts so that your thesis doesn't have so much holes. After all, if your friend is willing to point these things out so you can catch them later, it's better than being asked by your employer or professor why you left such problems in your paper without correction. It's a level of professionalism that allows us to correct or point out each others mistakes before someone else does.

Taking criticism isn't easy though. I know people, at least in my time in University, that have cried in class after recieving criticism from a professor or classmate. I myself have invested a lot of energy into short stories for publication that have either been accepted by half my friends as great, and the other half as a waste of words. By taking into mind what my friends didn't like about it, I am able to change the story in a way that makes it more friendly to that kind of reader, and thus found limited success in my free time writing stories for publication.

Your design is what the community needs, an active effort to expand the non-canon universe of Wing Commander. Without these attempts, the community would not be what it is now. However, unless you specifically ask for no commentary or criticism, I guess people like myself will interpret your post as room for constructive thought. As it were, I was tearing apart your thesis as I would any friend that gave me a paper or piece of art saying, "What can I do to it before I turn it in?"

I'm sorry if you felt offended by anything I said, but I remedy that you take my words, and perhaps others a little too personally. Take it easy and think about how you can improve your design given the criticisms brought to the table =)

Back