Yet *another* Armada question(s) :-)

Tachyon15

Spaceman
Hi there, if anyone remembers me, mid-late last year I was having problems concerning Armada and free memory. Well instead of telling the poor people that are having problems to edit their config.sys and stuff, just tell them to looker under C:\Windows and near the bottom (well for me) there are several shortcuts that take you to the Dos prompt. 2 of which are modes especially for making extra free memory! It works very well. Now for my problem. 1. My soundcard is not listed in install.exe, and it says it cannot find the one i selected (Soundblaster), so I changed it to none and that works. How can I fix it? (Though it was fun making my own sound effects while pounding a Dralthi
smile.gif
) Also, when I first start it up, it plays through the Intro, and then it shows the menu for about 3 seconds, and the intro plays again. If I can go through enough of the menu options fast enough, it doesnt reset back to the Intro. But this is sort of hard. Also, my mouse does not seem to work. I have one of the new Optical sensor mouse by Microsoft, which requires a program to run in windows. Also I lost my manual. Where can I find one on the net? Does anyone play multiplayer anymore? This would be fun
smile.gif

------------------
:) Cya

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiet, lad, ye wanna put me outta business??

Seriously, though, those shortcuts are just meant to be templates. They're good templates, but templates nonetheless, with no system-specific things built into them. They are a very good starting point, but no more than that. They explain what they're doing rather nicely; I suggest that anyone interested should view the properties of these shortcuts (both labelled "MS-DOS Mode for Games") and read the comments embedded in their config.sys and autoexec.bat sections.

Now, as for personalizing this stuff for you, I believe that we could get by solely on stuff from your DOSSTART.BAT if you'll post it.

Ok, I assume I have to get into Dos to run that. What information do you need from it? Also I forget how to run stuff like that... Just type dosstart.bat? I'll try it.

Stinger said:
Quiet, lad, ye wanna put me outta business??

Seriously, though, those shortcuts are just meant to be templates. They're good templates, but templates nonetheless, with no system-specific things built into them. They are a very good starting point, but no more than that. They explain what they're doing rather nicely; I suggest that anyone interested should view the properties of these shortcuts (both labelled "MS-DOS Mode for Games") and read the comments embedded in their config.sys and autoexec.bat sections.

Now, as for personalizing this stuff for you, I believe that we could get by solely on stuff from your DOSSTART.BAT if you'll post it.

------------------

Actually, typing DOSSTART just might do it for you. If that works for you, great. Otherwise, post the contents of the file here; use Notepad to open it.

Here is what it said when I opened it in notepad:

"@ECHO OFF

C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /d:gem001
C:\MOUSE\MOUSE.COM

C:\WINDOWS\CWDINIT.EXE /A
C:\WINDOWS\CWDMIX /M=9,9 /W=13,13 /C=13,13 /L=13,13 /F=15,15 /X=1 /I=X"

------------------

Just copy the last three lines to the autoexec.bat section of whatever shortcut you decide to use. That'll take care of the mouse and sound.

Back